Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Little Milton ~ Back to Back ~ $15.62
- by Eddie Kendricks ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $4.48
- by Bobby Womack ~ Best of The Last Soul Man ~ $8.34
- by Johnnie Taylor ~ Greatest Hits ~ $5.02
- by Jeffrey Osborne ~ A Time for Love ~ $12.58
- Released: August 11, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Brunswick Records
- 1.Can I Change My Mind
- 2.A Woman Needs To Be Loved
- 3.Is It Something You've Got
- 4.Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- 5.I Keep Coming Back
- 6.I'll Be Right Here
- 7.Let Me Back In
- 8.Could I Forget You
- 9.One-Way Ticket
- 10.You Keep Me Holding On
- 11.I Had It All The Time
- 12.Without You In My Life
- 13.There It Is
- 14.I Wish It Was Me
- 15.Home Wreckers
- 16.It's So Good (To Be Home With You)
- 17.Turning Point
Producers: Willie Henderson, Carl Davis, Otis Leavill, Leo Graham.
Compilation producer: Paul Tarnopol.
Includes liner notes by Kevin L. Goins.
Liner Note Author: Kevin Goins.
Arrangers: James Mack; Tom-Tom Washington.
The many R&B hits Tyrone Davis cut for the Dakar label between 1968 and 1976 are featured on this fine Brunswick collection. Along with smashes like "Turn Back the Hands of Time" and "Turning Point," other chart-toppers include "Can I Change My Mind" and "Homewreckers," one of his last hits for Dakar. Davis' pleading and sensually charged voice is in top form throughout, while Willie Henderson's production and Tom (Tom Tom 84) Washington's charts are consistently impressive, featuring a wealth of slick grooves and tasteful instrumentation. And even though the sophisticated Chicago soul sound is what dominates here, one also hears some welcome rough edges in both Davis' tone and the driving rhythm tracks. The case could be made, in fact, that the deft mix of rough and smooth in Davis' delivery is what made him a perennial ladies favorite; it's a sympathy-grabbing display of raw emotions and vulnerability heard to particularly fine effect on cuts like "I Keep Coming Back" and "Let Me Back In." Even though Davis would go on to produce fine work after leaving Dakar, this collection of hits represents the singer's high point. A definite first disc for those new to Davis' work and certainly an essential, if somewhat overlooked, soul collection. ~ Stephen Cook
LaVern BakerPrecious Memories... Sings Gospel / LaVern Baker Sings... (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 52,941
- UPC: 646953300325
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
R&B: Chicago Soul Music Categories:
- Barbara Acklin Best of Barbara Acklin (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Barbara Acklin Someone Else's Arms / I Did It / I Call It Trouble (CD) ~ $19
- Ruby Andrews Casanova (Your Playing Days Are Over) (CD) ~ $5.52 LABOR DAY
- The Artistics I'm Gonna Miss You (CD) ~ $7.95 on SALE
- Fontella Bass The Very Best of Fontella Bass (CD) ~ $10.57 LABOR DAY
- Aerosmith Devil's Got a New Disguise: The Very Best of Aerosmith (CD) ~ $7.18
- Arthur Alexander The Greatest (CD) ~ $17.09
- Tony Bennett Greatest Hits of the '50s (CD) ~ $7.19
- Blue Collar Comedy Tour The Best Of Blue Collar Comedy (2-CD) ~ $12.58
- Brooks & Dunn Brooks and Dunn - The Greatest Hits Video Collection (DVD) ~ $12.50 LABOR DAY