Randy Travis Glory Train: Songs of Faith, Worship & Praise
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Word Entertainment
- 1.This Train
- 2.Swing Down Chariot (with the Blind Boys of Alabama)
- 3.Precious Memories
- 4.Shout to the Lord
- 5.Down By the Riverside
- 6.Nothing But the Blood
- 7.Were You There?
- 8.Up Above My Head (I Hear Music In The Air)
- 9.He's Got the Whole World in His Hands
- 10.Heart of Worship
- 11.Jesus On the Mainline
- 12.Through the Fire With the Crabb Family
- 13.Here I Am To Worship
- 14.Oh Death
- 15.Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares
- 16.Since Jesus Came Into My Heart
- 17.O How I Love Jesus
- 18.Are You Washed In the Blood?
- 19.Precious Lord, Take My Hand
Personnel: Randy Travis; Bryan Sutton (acoustic guitar, 12-string guitar, resonator guitar, arch guitar, banjo, mandolin); Brent Mason (acoustic guitar, gut-string guitar); Al Anderson, Larry Beaird (acoustic guitar); Randy Kohrs (dobro); Craig Duncan and the Smoky Mountain Band (hammer dulcimer); Larry Franklin (mandolin, fiddle); Connie Ellisor, Carl Gorodetzky, Pamela Sixfin (violin); Jim Grosjean, Kris Wilkinson (viola); Anthony LaMarchina (cello); Kirk "Jelly Roll" Johnson (harmonica); Tony Harrell (accordion, harmonium); Eric Darken (vibraphone, bass drum, snare drum, clay drum, cymbals, djembe, Jew's harp, shaker, tambourine, timpani, bells, chimes); Casey Wood (snare drum, hi-hat, tambourine, bells); Chip Davis, Cindy Walker, Pastor Matthew Hagee, Christina Ketterling, Billy Davis, Sidney Cox, Lisa Silver, Suzanne Cox, Vicki Hampton, Wes Hightower (background vocals); The Crabb Family, The Blind Boys of Alabama.
Audio Mixer: Kyle Lehning.
Recording information: Clinton Recording Studios, New York, NY; John Hagee Ministries, San Antonio, TX; Stepbridge Studios, Santa Fe, NM; The Compound, Nashville, TN; The Home Place, Cotton Valley, LA.
Photographer: Eric Swanson .
In a country music scene filled with crossover artists and "hat acts," Randy Travis's roots-conscious music and smooth, beautiful baritone have always been a saving grace. In 2005's GLORY TRAIN, a collection of familiar worship songs, that saving grace is elevated to a celestial order.
In the hands of another artist, an album of old religious songs might seem like a throwaway release, an idea lacking originality or room for freshness. Nothing could be further from the truth here, though. The all-acoustic and often minimal accompaniment frames Travis's performances beautifully, and well-worn chestnuts like "This Train," "Down By the Riverside," and "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" seem almost tailor-made for the singer's voice. Inventive arrangements and help from the Blind Boys of Alabama and the Crabb Family make this a must-have for both country fans and Christian-music enthusiasts.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 30 ratings.
Based on 30 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $3
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Merle Haggard My Favorite Memory / Big City (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE