- Released: December 5, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Sony
- 2.Opening Night
- 3.We Can Do It
- 4.I Wanna Be A Producer
- 5.Der Guten Tag Hop-Clop
- 6.Keep It Gay
- 7.When You Got It, Flaunt It
- 8.Along Came Bialy
- 9.That Face
- 10.Haben Sie gehort das Deutsche band?
- 11.You Never Say Good Luck On Opening Night
- 12.Springtime for Hitler - Part I
- 13.Heil Myself
- 14.Springtime for Hitler - Part II
- 15.You'll Find Your Happiness in Rio
- 17.'Til Him
- 18.Prisoners of Love (Broadway)
- 19.Prisoners of Love (Leo and Max)
- 20.There's Nothing Like A Show on Broadway
- 21.The Hop-Clop Goes On
- 23.The King of Broadway (Bonus Track)
Lyricist: Mel Brooks.
Personnel: Bryn Dowlins, Meg Gillentine, Gary Beach, Matthew Broderick, Nathan Lane, Roger Bart, Uma Thurman, Will Ferrell (vocals); John Barrowman (tenor).
Audio Mixer: Frank Wolf.
Liner Note Author: Jonathan Schwartz.
Recording information: Right Track Recording.
Mel Brook's THE PRODUCERS, which was first released as a film in 1968, became a hit Broadway play in the early 2000s before moving back to the screen (as a film adaptation of the stage production) in 2005. Many of the key players from the stage production are on hand for the film, including lead actors Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick, and director Susan Stroman.
A satire of show business, musicals, and Nazism (who can forget "Springtime for Hitler"?), THE PRODUCERS relies heavily on its music, and the screen version is no exception. Broderick and Lane are in fine form throughout the recording, and Uma Thurman (as Ulla) and Will Ferrell (as Franz Liebkind), both of whom were cast specifically for the film, bring plenty of comic pizzazz to their performances. This comes recommended to fans of THE PRODUCERS in any of its incarnations.