Cat Stevens Gold (2-CD)
Only 10 copies left
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 15, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: A&M
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Matthew & Son
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Here Comes My Baby
- $1.29 on iTunes3.First Cut Is the Deepest
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Lady d'Arbanville
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Trouble
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Where Do the Children Play?
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Hard Headed Woman
- $0.69 on iTunes8.Wild World
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Sad Lisa
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Father and Son
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Don't Be Shy
- $1.29 on iTunes12.If You Want to Sing Out Sing Out
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Wind
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Moonshadow
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Morning Has Broken
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Bitterblue
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Peace Train
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Sitting
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Silent Sunlight
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Angelsea
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Can't Keep It In
- $0.99 on iTunes5.18th Avenue (Kansas City Nightmare)
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Hurt
- 7.Foreigner Suite
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Oh Very Young
- $0.99 on iTunes9.King of Trees
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Another Saturday Night
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Drywood
- $0.99 on iTunes12.(Remember the Days of The) Old Schoolyard
- $0.99 on iTunes13.(I Never Wanted) To Be a Star
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Last Love Song
- 15.Indian Ocean
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Cat Stevens (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, percussion); Cat Stevens; Larry Steele (vocals, guitar, congas, percussion); Yusuf (vocals, guitar); Gerry Conway (vocals, drums, percussion); Art Garfunkel (vocals, background vocals); Barbara Massey, Evette Benton, Barbara Ingram, Carla Benson, Vincent Gloud, Elkie Brooks, Anna Peacock, Vincent Beck, Linda Lewis, Luther Vandross, Melba Joyce, Patti Austin, Paul Samwell-Smith, Suzanne Lynch, Tasha Thomas, Lewis Furey, Brenda Russell , Carl Hall, Carmen Twillie (vocals); Eric Johnson , Jim Cregan , Mark Warner, Pete Carr , Phil Upchurch, Ray Gomez, Reggie Young , Simon Nicol, Jim "Shaft" Ryan (guitar); Brian Cole, Weldon Myrick (steel guitar); Roland Harker (banjo); Angelos Hatzipavli, Andreas Toumazis (bouzouki); Marjorie Lagerwall, John Marson (harp); David Davidson , John Rostein, David Angell (violin); Kristin Wilkinson (viola); Anthony LaMarchina (cello); Love Sponge String Quartet (strings); Broderick Smith, Graham Smith (harmonica); Gordie Fleming (accordion); Don Weller (saxophone); David Sanborn (alto saxophone); Chick Corea, Jim Henson Project, Rick Wakeman (piano); Ed Harcourt (Wurlitzer organ); Jean Roussel, Barry Beckett (keyboards); Herbie Flowers (bass guitar); Dave Mattacks, Steve Jordan , Neil Primrose, Andy Newmark, Bill Berg, Barry Morgan (drums); Chico Batera (percussion); Alun Davies (vocals, guitar); Peter Gabriel (flute); Bernard "Pretty" Purdie (drums); Harvey Burns (percussion).
Audio Mixers: Martin Terefe ; Andreas Olsson.
Recording information: Atlantic Studios, NY (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Australia (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Cheateau D'Herouville, Paris, France (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Decca Studios, West Hampstead, London, England (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Dynamic Sound Studio, Kingston, Jamaica (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Japan (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Kensaltown Recording Studios, London, England (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Le Studio, Morin Heights, Canada (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Little Big Studio, Bellevue, TN (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Manor, Oxfordshire, England (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Morgan Studios, London, England (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Olympic Studios, London, England (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Paramount Studios, Hollywood, CA (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Sound 80 Studios, Minneapolis, MN (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Sound techniques Studios, London, England (12/01/1966-??/??/2005); Sweet Silence Studios, Copenhagen, Denmark (12/01/1966-??/??/2005).
Illustrators: Marcus Pungetti; Meire Murakami.
Photographers: Gered Mankowitz; David P. Bailey; Daniel Gordon; Chris Walter; Barrie Wentzell.
The man who was born Steven Demetre Georgiou and would become Yusuf Islam, Cat Stevens enjoyed success with numerous singles in the late 1960s and early '70s, before converting to Islam and turning his back on secular pop in the late '70s. Though Stevens's music often gets overshadowed by his religious beliefs, the British singer/songwriter penned an impressive string of highly melodic folk-rock tunes, a point driven home by this excellent 2005 retrospective.
Arranged in chronological order, the collection moves from Stevens's early work that marked him as an icon of London's Swinging '60s (the deceptively jubilant "Here Comes My Baby" and the oft-covered rock number "The First Cut Is the Deepest") to his early-'70s heyday (the effortlessly catchy "Wild World" and the lilting "Moonshadow"). Of particular note are "Don't Be Shy" and "If You Want to Sing Out Sing Out," two wonderfully uplifting songs featured prominently in the quirky, much-loved dark comedy HAROLD & MAUDE. Although Stevens's post-'71 output isn't quite up to par with earlier efforts, GOLD gathers the standout tunes from this era, and even adds "Indian Ocean," a thoughtful pop-tinged track, featuring admirer Ed Harcourt on Wurlitzer, that was recorded to benefit the survivors of the 2004 Asian tsunami.
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 (CD)
$10.33 Super Savings
Dear Mr. Fantasy: A Celebration for Jim Capaldi (DVD) NEW
$4.98 on SALE
Footsteps in the Dark: Greatest Hits, Volume 2 (CD)
$7.79 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Original Gospel Harmonettes Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Johnny Mathis The Best of Johnny Mathis (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE