New York For Lovers
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.60 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: November 8, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Verve
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Ella Fitzgerald and Louis ArmstrongAutumn In New York
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Stan GetzBronx Blues
- $0.69 on iTunes3.Morgana KingDown In The Depths
- $0.69 on iTunes4.Mark WhitfieldSpring In Manhattan
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Sarah VaughanLullaby Of Birdland
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Ben WebsterChelsea Bridge
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Mel TormeLonely Town
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Illinois JacquetHarlem Nocturne
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Matt DennisViolets For Your Furs
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Sonny RollinsManhattan
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Blossom DearieI Walk A Little Faster
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Louis Armstrong (vocals, trumpet); Blossom Dearie (vocals, piano); Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Torm‚, Morgana King, Sarah Vaughan (vocals); Herb Ellis, Mark Whitfield, Mundell Lowe (guitar); Herbie Mann (flute); Art Pepper (alto saxophone); Illinois Jacquet, Paul Quinichette, Sonny Rollins, Ben Webster, Bill Perkins (tenor saxophone); Bill Hood (baritone saxophone); Al Porcino, Roy Eldridge, Stu Williamson (trumpet); Vincent DeRosa (French horn); Frank Rosolino, Chauncey Welsch (trombone); Red Callender (tuba); Hank Jones , Jimmy Jones , Marty Paich, Oscar Peterson (piano); Mark Barnett, Jo Jones , Louie Bellson, Mel Lewis, Roy Haynes, Specs Wright (drums).
Liner Note Author: Al Young.
Recording information: Beltone Studios, New York, NY (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); Clinton Recording Studios, New York, NY (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); Fine Sound, New York, NY (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); Los Angeles, CA (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); New York, NY (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); Radio Recorders, Hollywood, CA (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); Tally-Ho, Hollywood, CA (??/??/1953-06/16/1995); WOR Recording Studios, New York, NY (??/??/1953-06/16/1995).
Author: Vernon Duke.
Illustrator: Clayton Junior.
Arrangers: Ernie Wilkins; Marty Paich; Richard Hayman; Blossom Dearie.
This 11-song installment in the excellent For Lovers series features compositions cultivated from the Verve and Decca archive paying homage to the Big Apple. The lineup here is top-notch and a veritable all-star list of jazz's finest: Ella and Louis kick things off in grand fashion with "Autumn in New York," and contributions from Stan Getz, Sarah Vaughan, and Mel Torm‚. The performances are consistently wonderful and ideal in a wide variety of settings, and especially ideal for those strolls around the streets of Metropolis on lazy afternoons. And for those not lucky enough to reside or visit any of the boroughs, it's the next best thing to being there. ~ Rob Theakston
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!