Unwrapped, Volume 4
by Various Artists
- Released: July 7, 2009
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Hidden Beach
JazzTimes - p.84"The original songs may be all that, but the real winners here are fans who get to hear some top-notch jazz jamming"
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See (Intro)
- $0.99 on iTunes2.21 Questions
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Children's Story
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Candy Shop
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Put Your Eyes Where My Eyes Can See
- $0.99 on iTunes6.All Falls Down
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Hate It or Love It
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Rapper's Delight
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Rollin With Kid N Play
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Lean Back
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Treat Em Right
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Hip Hop Hooray
- $0.99 on iTunes13.All Falls Down (J.R.'S REVENGE: SPANISH HARLEM MIX)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Hate It Or Love It (J.R.'S REVENGE: PLAYA MIX)
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Lean Back (J.R.'S REVENGE: SAVE THE MUSIC MIX)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Dede O'Neal, Endiskize, Bobbie Cheri Griffin, Nire, Kate Graham (vocals); Jarius Mozee, Dennis Nelson, Bendricks, Keith Henderson (guitar); Zach Brach, Karen Briggs (violin); Darryl Ross (strings, horns, keyboards, drum programming); Donald Hayes (saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Mike Phillips, Kamasi Washington, Steve Eisen (saxophone); Corey Wilkes (trumpet, flugelhorn); Paul Litterall, Joey Sommerville, Johnny Britt (trumpet); Jeff Bradshaw (trombone); Frank McComb (piano, Fender Rhodes piano); Mike Logan (piano, organ); Ivan Dup‚e, Jonathan Pierre, Shawn Hibbler (keyboards, programming); Jason Freeman , Richard Turner, Jr. (keyboards); J.R. Hutson (vocoder, drum programming); Larry Bilups, Jeff Byrd (percussion).
Audio Mixers: J.R. Hutson; Tremaine "Six7" Williams; Ivan Dup‚e; Darryl Ross.
Recording information: Dp Studios, Chicago, IL; Keswick Studios, Reseda, CA; The Greem Room Recording Studio, Woodland Hills, CA.
Sticking to its hip-hop guns, this fourth volume of Hidden Beach Recordings' UNWRAPPED offers up more instrumental smooth-jazz renditions of popular rap tunes. Here Busta Rhymes's "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" becomes a trumpet-led, slap-bass-sporting jazz/funk workout, and the Sugarhill Gang's classic "Rapper's Delight" is used as a template for intricate piano solos. Geared towards the Quiet Storm set, this compilation is unlikely to find a big rap audience, but that doesn't make it any less entertaining.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!