Cream Those Were The Days (4-CD)
|You Save:||$6 (10% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (4 Discs)
Products with a similar style:
- Eric Clapton 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Eric Clapton (CD) ~ $4.31
- Free The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $4.31
- The Who The Ultimate Collection (2-CD) ~ $16.04
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: September 1, 1997
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Polydor / Umgd
Rolling Stone - 9/18/97, p.106"...[Cream] were capable of hard-driving discipline as well as discursive solos....Cream pump out taut psychedelia...crystalline pop...and crunching hard-rock hooks..."
Entertainment Weekly - 9/26/97, p.79"The sheer intensity of the pioneering psychedelic-blues band, Cream...remains undeniable 30 years after their demise. Guitarist Eric Clapton never sounded quite as electric as when prodded by the hyperactive bass of Jack Bruce and the savage stomp of drummer Ginger Baker." - Rating: A
Musician - 11/97, p.88"...Cream was really two bands...a studio band and a live band, with a heavy blues focus that evolved into a postmodern view of pop as their artistry grew and the technology of the recording studios rose to meet their challenge..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Wrapping Paper
- $1.29 on iTunes2.I Feel Free
- $1.29 on iTunes3.N.S.U.
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Sleepy Time Time
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Dreaming
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Sweet Wine
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Spoonful
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Cat's Squirrel
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Four Until Late
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Rollin' And Tumblin'
- $1.29 on iTunes11.I'm So Glad
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Toad
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Lawdy Mama
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Strange Brew
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Sunshine Of Your Love
- $1.29 on iTunes16.World Of Pain
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Dance The Night Away
- $1.29 on iTunes18.Blue Condition
- $1.29 on iTunes19.Tales Of Brave Ulysses
- $1.29 on iTunes20.Swlabr
- $1.29 on iTunes21.We're Going Wrong
- $1.29 on iTunes22.Outside Woman Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes23.Take It Back
- $1.29 on iTunes24.Mother's Lament
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.White Room
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Sitting On Top Of The World
- $0.69 on iTunes3.Passing The Time
- $1.29 on iTunes4.As You Said
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Pressed Rat And Warthog
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Politician
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Those Were The Days
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Born Under A Bad Sign
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Deserted Cities Of The Heart
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Anyone For Tennis
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Badge
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Doing That Scrapyard Thing
- $1.29 on iTunes13.What A Bringdown
- $0.99 on iTunes14.The Coffee Song
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Lawdy Mama
- $0.69 on iTunes16.You Make Me Feel
- $0.99 on iTunes17.We're Going Wrong
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Hey Now Princess
- $1.29 on iTunes19.Swlabr
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Weird Of Hermiston
- $0.99 on iTunes21.The Clearout
- $0.99 on iTunes22.Falstaff Beer Commercial
Tracks on Disc 3:
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
THOSE WERE THE DAYS is a four-disc set, the first half consisting of Cream's entire studio output and the last half featuring the band's concert performances. The package includes a 48-page booklet full of previously unpublished photos.
Cream: Jack Bruce (vocals, acoustic guitar, cello, harmonica, piano, organ, bass); Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Ginger Baker (vocals, drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: George Harrison (guitar); Felix Pappalardi (viola, organ, trumpet, tonette, Swiss hand bells, piano, mellotron, bass).
Producers: Robert Stigwood, Felix Pappalardi, Ahmet Ertegun.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson
Engineers include: John Timperly, Tom Dowd, Adrian Barber.
Includes liner notes by John McDermott.
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Jack Bruce (vocals, acoustic guitar, cello, harmonica, piano, organ, bass guitar); Ginger Baker (vocals, drums, percussion); Felix Pappalardi (viola, trumpet, piano, organ, Mellotron, bells).
Audio Remixers: Gene Paul; Adrian Barber; Kevin Brady .
Liner Note Author: John McDermott .
Photographers: Jim Marshall ; Chuck Pulin; Barry Wentzell; Chuck Stewart; Don Paulsen.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Eric Clapton; Ginger Baker; Jack Bruce.
In the two years they were together, Cream's blend of blues, psychedelic rock and quirky lyricism forever altered the definition of rock music. After releasing four seminal albums, Cream broke up as quickly as they had come together, with all three members going on to solo careers of varying artistic and commercial success. THOSE WERE THE DAYS brings together Cream's musical output in a deluxe four-CD set that's neatly halved between studio and live material.
Meticulously compiled and remastered, DAYS includes every studio recording the band ever released, as well as previously unreleased demos, masters, rare and alternate takes. The live half of the box set is primarily culled from seminal performances at legendary venues like San Francisco's Winterland and Fillmore West.
The sound has been considerably cleaned up allowing the listener to hear every nuance of these extended flights of jazz-flavored blues-rock improvisation. The package surrounding Cream's timeless musical output sports a DISRAELI GEARS-style day-glo cover and a 48-page color book. The accompanying notes, complemented by dozens of previously unpublished photos, provide an intimate glimpse into the brief, but groundbreaking career of the original power trio.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 50 ratings.
Based on 50 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE