Steely Dan Citizen Steely Dan 1972-1920 (4-CD)
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$48.42 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$15.56 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Steely Dan ~ Alive in America ~ $13.49
by Steely Dan ~ Everything Must Go ~ $16.19
by Donald Fagen ~ The Nightfly $6.51
by Donald Fagen ~ Sunken Condos $12.18
by Steely Dan ~ Two Against Nature ~ $11.69
Products with a similar style:
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: December 7, 1993
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: MCA
Rolling Stone - 3/10/94, p.67"...suggests that the group's greatest strength wasn't writing or playing but arranging..."
Q - 2/94, p.1095 Stars - Indispensable - "...Steely Dan is the closest pop has come to the acid wit of Wilde and Coward and Vidal...."
Melody Maker - 1/8/94, p.29"...Steely Dan were no more nihilistic than The Stooges. It's just that, instead of Rolling Stones riffs and Chuck Berry solos, Becker and Fagen used East Coast Jazz, Latin rhythms, saccharine harmonies and choruses worthy of Burt Bacharach or Hollywood musicals..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $0.69 on iTunes1.Do It Again
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Dirty Work
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Kings
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Midnite Cruiser
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Only A Fool Would Say That
- $0.69 on iTunes6.Reelin' In The Years
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Fire In The Hole
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Brooklyn (Owes The Charmer Under Me)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Change Of The Guard
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Turn That Heartbeat Over Again
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Bodhisattva
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Razor Boy
- $1.29 on iTunes13.The Boston Rag
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Your Gold Teeth
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Show Biz Kids
- $1.29 on iTunes16.My Old School
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.King Of The World
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Pearl Of The Quarter
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Rikki Don't Lose That Number
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Night By Night
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Any Major Dude Will Tell You
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Barrytown
- $0.99 on iTunes7.East St. Louis Toodle-Oo
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Parker's Band
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Through With Buzz
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Pretzel Logic
- $0.99 on iTunes11.With A Gun
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Charlie Freak
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Monkey In Your Soul
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Bodhisattva
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Black Friday
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Bad Sneakers
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Rose Darling
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Daddy Don't Live In That New York City No More
- $1.29 on iTunes19.Doctor Wu
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Everyone's Gone To The Movies
- $0.99 on iTunes21.Chain Lightning
Tracks on Disc 3:
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Your Gold Teeth II
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Any World (That I'm Welcome To)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Throw Back The Little Ones
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Kid Charlemagne
- $0.99 on iTunes5.The Caves Of Altamira
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Don't Take Me Alive
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Sign In Stranger
- $1.29 on iTunes8.The Fez
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Green Earrings
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Haitian Divorce
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Everything You Did
- $1.29 on iTunes12.The Royal Scam
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Here In The Western World
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Black Cow
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Aja
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Peg
Tracks on Disc 4:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Deacon Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Home At Last
- $1.29 on iTunes3.I Got The News
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Josie
- $1.29 on iTunes5.FM
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Babylon Sisters
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Hey Nineteen
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Glamour Profession
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Gaucho
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Time Out Of Mind
- $1.29 on iTunes11.My Rival
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Third World Man
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Everyone's Gone To The Movies
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
CITIZEN STEELY DAN is a 4-CD box-set containing tracks from all 7 Steely Dan releases, including 2 B-sides and a previously unreleased demo track. It also includes a 40-page booklet with extensive liner notes and recording information as well as rare and unpublished photos.
Steely Dan: Walter Becker (vocals, guitar, harmonica, bass); Donald Fagen (vocals, acoustic & electric pianos, organ, synthesizer); David Palmer (vocals); Jeff "Skunk" Baxter (pedal steel guitar, acoustic & electric guitars); Denny Dias (guitar, electric sitar); David Hodder (drums).
Additional personnel includes: Elliot Randall, Dean Parks, Rick Derringer, Hiram Bullock, Steve Khan, Larry Carlton, Mark Knopfler, Lee Ritenour (guitar); Tom Scott (flute, saxophone, lyricon); Phil Woods, Wayne Shorter, Ernie Watts, Michael Brecker, John Klemmer, Plas Johnson, David Sanborn (saxophone); Randy Brecker (trumpet, flugelhorn); Victor Feldman (piano, vibraphone, marimba, percussion); Michael Omartian (piano); Joe Sample (Clavinet, electric piano); Don Grolnick (Clavinet), Ray Brown (acoustic bass); Chuck Rainey, Wilton Felder (electric bass); Hal Blaine, Rick Marotta, Jeff Porcaro, Jim Keltner, Steve Gadd (drums); Michael McDonald, Shirley Matthews, Myrna Matthews, Patti Austin, Valerie Simpson (background vocals).
Includes liner notes by Chris Willman, Walter Becker & Donald Fagen.
Digitally remastered by Glenn Meadows (Masterphonics, Nashville, Tennessee).
Personnel: Walter Becker (vocals, guitar, harmonica, trumpet, flugelhorn, keyboards, electric bass); Donald Fagen (vocals, piano, electric piano, organ, synthesizer, background vocals); Michael McDonald (vocals, keyboards, background vocals); Jim Hodder (vocals, drums, percussion); Royce Jones (vocals, percussion, background vocals); David Palmer (vocals, background vocals); Rick Derringer (guitar, slide guitar); Jeff Baxter (guitar, Spanish guitar); Denny Dias (guitar, electric sitar); Dean Parks, Elliot Randal, Hiram Bullock, Jay Graydon, Jeff Mironov, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour , Mark Knopfler, Steve Khan (guitar); Ben Benay (acoustic guitar); Tom Scott (flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, lyricon); Plas Johnson (flute, saxophone, horns); Jackie Kelso, Jim Horn, Pete Christlieb, Wayne Shorter (flute, saxophone); Joe Sample (clarinet, electric piano); George Marge, Walter Kane (bass clarinet); Ernie Watts, John Rotella, Lanny Morgan, Bill Perkins (saxophone); David Sanborn (alto saxophone); Jerome Richardson (tenor saxophone); Ronnie Cuber (baritone saxophone); Randy Brecker (trumpet, flugelhorn); Snooky Young (flugelhorn); Wayne Andre (trombone); Chuck Findley, Slyde Hyde (brass, horns); Lew McCreary (brass); John Klemmer, Bob Findley (horns); Michael Omartian (piano); Paul Griffin (electric piano, keyboards, background vocals); Pat Rebillot (electric piano); Don Grolnick (Clavinet, keyboards); Rob Mounsey (synthesizer); Victor Feldman (vibraphone, marimba, percussion); Ray Brown (upright bass); Jim Keltner (drums, percussion); Ed Greene, Jeff Porcaro, Paul Humphrey , Rick Marotta, Steve Gadd , Bernard "Pretty" Purdie (drums); Nicky Marrero (timbales); Errol Crusher Bennett, Gary Coleman (percussion); Roger Nichols (sound effects); Clydie King, Rebecca Louis, Diva Gray, Florence Warner, Casey Syszik, Patricia Hall, Michael Fennelly, Howard Kaylan, Gordon Grady, Leslie Miller, Sherlie Mathews, James Rolleston, Lani Groves, Mark Volman, Patti Austin, Timothy B. Schmit, Toni Wine, Valerie Simpson, Venetta Fields, Zachary Sanders, Myrna Matthews, Frank Floyd (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Barney Perkins.
Recording information: A & R Studios, NY; Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA; Cherokee studios; Producer's Workshop, Hollywood, CA; Sigma Sound Studi; Sound Labs, Hollywood, CA; Soundworks, New York, NY; Warner Bros. North Hollywood Recording Studios, CA.
Photographers: Ed Caraeff; Randall Kennedy; Henry Diltz.
Unknown Contributor Roles: David Paich; Jim Gordon ; Andy McKaie; Ollie Mitchell.
Arrangers: Chuck Findley; Don Grolnick; Jimmie Haskell; Johnny Mandel; Rob Mounsey; Steely Dan; Tom Scott; Paul Griffin .
For fans of the legendary Steely Dan, this four-disc box set is a dream come true. CITIZEN STEELY DAN 1972-1980 contains every track (plus one rare demo) from every album by the ultra-creative team of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker. The accompanying book is stuffed full of rare photos, cover art, album reviews and other info you never thought you'd see about these reclusive artisans. Tales of Fagen and Becker's infamous marathon recording sessions and intense working environment aside, the results of their efforts are spectacular.
All the hits are here, of course, but it is the massive amount of additional material that makes this set so special. The deep soul of "Dirty Work" from CAN'T BUY A THRILL or the funk of "Your Gold Teeth" from COUNTDOWN TO ECSTASY are just a couple of early examples of their craftsmanship. The unique performance of Duke Ellington's "East St. Louis Toodle-oo" followed by "Parker's Band" from the sensational PRETZEL LOGIC reveal the source of the jazz influence that permeated Fagen & Becker's work. The later material from ROYAL SCAM, AJA and GAUCHO takes on a sheen of refinement and it, like the rest of their art, is best enjoyed in its entirety.
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(9)
$4.31 Super Savings
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.31 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 91 ratings.
Based on 91 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE