Smokey Robinson & The Miracles 35th Anniversary Collection (4-CD)
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
Format: CD (4 Discs)
- by The Temptations ~ Emperors of Soul (5-CD) ~ $64.84
- by Smokey Robinson ~ Greatest Hits Live ~ $10.72
- by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles ~ Smokey Robinson - The Definitive Collection ~ $13.10
Products with a similar style:
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $4.48
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles Going to a Go-Go / Away We a Go-Go [Expanded] (CD) ~ $8.34
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles Motown Legends: Shop Around (CD) ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles My World: The Definitive Collection (CD) ~ $9.72
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: February 22, 1994
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Motown
Q - 8/94, p.1194 Stars - Excellent - "...Without the services of William 'Smokey' Robinson then who knows - would Tamla Motown have ever really got off the ground?...Everything that should be here undoubtedly is, padded out with superior flip-sides..."
Audio Magazine (7/94, p.74) - "...what stands out is Smokey's natural sense with words and lyrics and the emotional wallop these songs still pack--even the lesser-known ones...a truly great release..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Got A Job
- 2.I Cry
- 3.Bad Girl
- 4.All I Want Is You
- 6.Way Over There
- 7.The Feeling Is So Fine
- 8.(You Can) Depend On Me
- 9.Shop Around
- 10.Who's Lovin' You
- 11.Shop Around
- 12.After All
- 13.Ain't It Baby
- 14.Mighty Good Lovin'
- 15.Broken Hearted
- 16.Everybody's Gotta Pay Some Dues
- 17.That's The Way I Feel
- 19.I Had To Cry
- 20.What's So Good About Good Bye
- 21.I've Been Good To You
- 22.I'll Try Something New
- 23.You Never Miss A Good Thing
- 24.If Your Mother Only Knew
- 25.He Don't Care About Me
- 26.A Love That Can Never Be
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.You've Really Got A Hold On Me
- 2.Happy Landing
- 3.Father Dear
- 4.A Love She Can Count On
- 5.Mickey's Monkey
- 6.Whatever Makes You Happy
- 7.The Day You Take One (You Have To Take The Other)
- 8.I Gotta Dance To Keep From Crying
- 9.(You Can't Let The Boy Overpower) The Man In You
- 10.Heartbreak Road
- 11.Show Me You Can Dance
- 12.I Like It Like That
- 13.You're So Fine And Sweet
- 14.That's What Love Is Made Of
- 15.Baby Don't You Go
- 16.Ooo Baby Baby
- 17.All That's Good
- 18.The Tracks Of My Tears
- 19.A Fork In The Road
- 20.My Girl Has Gone
- 21.Going To A Go Go
- 22.Choosey Beggar
- 23.I'm Stuck On You
- 24.Whole Lot Of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You)
- 25.Oh Be My Love
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.(Come 'Round Here) I'm The One You Need
- 2.My Business, Your Pleasure
- 3.Save Me
- 4.It's A Good Feeling
- 5.The Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage
- 6.Come Spy With Me
- 7.My Love For You
- 8.More Love
- 9.After You Put Back The Pieces (I'll Still Have A Broken Heart)
- 10.I Second That Emotion
- 11.You Must Be Love
- 12.I Care About Detroit
- 13.If You Can Want
- 14.When The Words From Your Heart Get Caught Up In Your Throat
- 15.Yester Love
- 16.You Only Build Me Up To Tear Me Down
- 17.Special Occasion
- 18.Baby, Baby Don't Cry
- 19.Doggone Right
- 20.The Composer
- 21.Here I Go Again
- 22.Once I Got To Know You (Couldn't Help But Love You)
- 23.Abraham, Martin, and John
- 24.What Love Has Joined Together
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.Point It Out
- 2.Who's Gonna Take The Blame
- 3.I Gotta Thing For You
- 4.The Tears Of A Clown
- 5.Promise Me
- 6.I Don't Blame You At All
- 7.There's A Sad Story Here
- 8.Crazy About The La La La
- 10.We've Come Too Far To End It Now
- 11.I Can't Stand To See You Cry
- 12.Here I Go Again
- 13.Sweet Harmony
- 14.Don't Let It End (Til You Let It Begin)
- 15.Do It Baby
- 16.Don't Cha Love It
- 17.Quiet Storm
- 18.Love Machine
- 20.Being With You
- 21.Just To See Her
- 22.One Heartbeat
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles: Smokey Robinson, Pete Moore, Billy Griffin Claudette Robinson, Ronnie White, Bobby Rogers (vocals).
Producers include: Berry Gordy, Smokey Robinson, William "Mickey" Stevenson,
Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier.
Compilation producers: Cary E. Mansfield, Claudette Robinson.
Includes an essay by David Ritz and liner notes by Harry Weinger.
Digitally remastered by Bill Inglot and Dan Hersch at DigiPrep, Los Angeles, California.
THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY BOX collects 95 classic Smokey Robinson and The Miracles songs (including solo Smokey and Miracles performances) onto 4 CDs. Of the tracks, 6 are previously unreleased and 12 have only been issued as b-sides. The set also includes a 56-page color booklet which features a new interview with Smokey Robinson and never-before-published photos from Claudette Robinson's private archives.
Personnel: Smokey Robinson (vocals); Billy Griffin (vocals, guitar); Claudette Robinson, Bobby Rogers, Warren "Pete" Moore, Ronald White , Billy Rogers (vocals); David T. Walker, Eddie Willis, Robert White , Donald Griffin, Greg Poree, Jay Graydon, Marvin Tarplin, Melvin "Wah Wah" Ragin, Paul Jackson, Jr. , Joe Messina, Richard Littlefield (guitar); Michael Jacobsen (cello, strings, horns); Jack Ashford (flute, alto saxophone, percussion, background vocals); Ivory Davis (flute, alto saxophone); Fred Smith (woodwinds, horns); Dan Turner, Larry Austin , Andrew "Mike" Terry, Angelo Carlisi, Eugene BeeBee Moore, Ernie Rodgers, Lefty Edwards, Bernie Peacock, Eli Fontaine, Henry Cosby, Eugene Rodgers, Thomas "Beans" Bowles, Larry Nozero (saxophone); Ted Buckner (alto saxophone); Floyd Jones , Russell Conway, Billy Horner, John Wilson , Johnny Trudell, Don Slaughter, Herbie Williams, Maurice Davis , Marcus Belgrave (trumpet); George Bohannon, Bill Johnson , Patrick Lanier, Jimmy Wilkins, Don White , Bob Cousar, Paul Riser, Carl Raetz (trombone); John Barnes (keyboards, synthesizer); Earl Van Dyke, Sonny Burke , Russ Turner, Ron Rancifer, Ronnie McNeir, Johnny Griffith (keyboards); Ed Greene, Scott Harris, Gene Pello, James Gadson, Benny Benjamin, Richard "Pistol" Allen, Uriel Jones (drums); Eddie "Bongo" Brown (congas, bongos, percussion); Gary Brown , Paulinho Da Costa (percussion); Shawn Furlong, Terry Furlong (sound effects); Victor Feldman, Freddie Perren, Jack Brokensha (background vocals).
Audio Remasterers: Daniel Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Authors: Claudette Robinson; David Ritz; Harry Weinger; Janie Bradford.
Recording information: 1957-1986.
Photographers: Claudette Robinson; Don Paulsen; Ken Barnes; Marvin Tarplin.
Arrangers: Jerry Long; Russell Turner; Freddie Perren; Steve LeGassick; Gene Page; George Tobin; Bill Ramal; H.B. Barnum; Sonny Burke ; Paul Riser; Peter Bunetta; Rick Chudacoff; Tom Sellers; Wade Marcus; Willie Hutch; Smokey Robinson; Riley Hampton; David Van De Pitte; Brian Ray.
THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION celebrates the long, wonderful career of Smokey Robinson and The Miracles. With exceptionally good remastered sound that puts Motown's previous Smokey Robinson albums to shame, previously unissued recordings, a superb photo-and text-filled booklet and some of the most exquisite R&B and pop ever recorded, this collection is the ultimate Smokey Robinson and The Miracles set.
Kicking off with a rare 1958 doo-wop single "Got A Job," this collection presents all of Smokey Robinson and The Miracles' sixties smashes like "Shop Around," "The Way You Do The Things You Do," and "Tracks of My Tears," before offering a concise look at Robinson's solo career with several of his groundbreaking "quiet storm" recordings and his 1981 smash "Being With You." Though THE 35TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION focuses on the remarkable vocal and songwriting skills of Smokey Robinson, a good number of the Miracles' post-Robinson hits are also featured. Quite simply, this 97-song collection is packed with some of the most influential R&B ever recorded and it is an essential addition to any music collection.
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$6.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$24.95 on SALE
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (CD)
$4.48 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE