- Number of Discs: 3
- Released: September 13, 1994
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: MCA Nashville
Rolling Stone - 12/29/94-1/12/95, p.188
"...shows just how sorely the craggy character of her voice is missed amid the blandness of so many '90s country ingenues..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.I'm A Honky Tonk Girl
- 2.Whispering Sea
- 4.Before I'm Over You
- 5.The Other Woman
- 6.This Haunted House
- 7.Wine, Women And Song
- 8.Mr. And Mrs. Used To Be
- 9.Happy Birthday
- 10.Blue Kentucky Girl
- 11.Our Hearts Are Holding Hands
- 12.The Home You're Tearin' Down
- 13.Dear Uncle Sam
- 14.You Ain't Woman Enough To Take My Man
- 15.A Man I Hardly Know
- 16.Talking To The Wall
- 17.These Boots Are Made For Walking
- 18.The Darkest Day
- 19.The Devil Gets His Due
- 20.The Shoe Goes On The Other Foot Tonight
- 21.Tomorrow Never Comes
- 22.If Loneliness Can Kill Me
- 23.Don't Come Home A Drinkin' (With Lovin' On Your Mind)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.There Goes My Everything
- 2.If You're Not Gone Too Long
- 3.What Kind Of Girl (Do You Think I Am?)
- 4.Who Says God Is Dead
- 5.Fist City
- 6.You've Just Stepped In (From Stepping Out On Me)
- 7.Your Squaw Is On The Warpath
- 8.Woman Of The World
- 9.Love L-o-v-e
- 10.Who's Gonna Take The Garbage Out
- 11.Coal Miner's Daughter
- 12.You Wanna Give Me A Lift
- 13.Wings Upon Your Horns
- 14.The One You Need
- 15.Deep As Your Pocket
- 16.Crazy Out Of My Mind
- 17.I Know How
- 18.After The Fire Is Gone
- 19.Lead Me On
- 20.I Wanna Be Free
- 21.You're Lookin' At Country
- 22.One's On The Way
- 23.Rated "X"
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.Back Street Affair
- 2.Blueberry Hill
- 3.The Morning After Baby let Me Down
- 4.It'll Feel Good After It Quits Hurtin'
- 5.Here I Am Again
- 6.The Pill
- 7.Ain't It Funny
- 8.Love Is The Foundation
- 9.As Soon As I Hang Up The Phone
- 10.What Sundown Does To You
- 11.Hey Loretta
- 12.Trouble In Paradise
- 13.They Don't Make 'Em Like My Daddy Anymore
- 14.When The Tingle Becomes A Chill
- 15.The Letter
- 16.Out Of My Head And Back In My Bed
- 17.Somebody Somewhere (Don't Know What He's Missin' Tonight)
- 18.She's Got You
- 19.Why Can't He Be You
- 20.I Can't Feel You Anymore
- 21.You're The Reason Our Kids Are Ugly
- 22.I've Got A Picture Of Us On My Mind
- 23.I Lie
- 24.Who Was That Stranger
Personnel includes: Loretta Lynn (vocals); Ray Edenton, Bill Hullet (acoustic guitar); Thomas Grady Martin, Pete Wade (electric guitar); Harold Morrison (guitar, banjo); Leon Rhodes, Johnny Russell, Dave Thornhill (guitar); Buddy Charleton, Harald Rugg (steel guitar); Harold Hensley (fiddle); Charley McCoy (harmonica); Floyd Cramer, Hargus Robbins (piano); Roy Huskey, Jr., Joe Zinkan (bass); Harold Bradley (6-string electric bass); Murrey Harman, Jr., Willie Ackerman (drums); Curtis Young (background vocals).
Producers: Dan Grashey, Owen Bradley.
Compilation producer: Jimmy Guterman.
Recorded in Los Angeles, California; Nashville and Mt. Juliet, Tennessee between February 1960 and December 1987. Includes liner notes by Jimmy Guterman.
Digitally remastered by Hollis Flatt.
Personnel: Loretta Lynn (vocals); Nashville Sounds, The Jordanaires (vocals, background vocals); Conway Twitty, Curtis Young, Ernest Tubb, The Anita Kerr Singers (vocals); Fred Carter, Jr., Wayne Moss (guitar, electric guitar); Jerry Stembridge, Dale Sellars, Harold Morrison, Jerry Kennedy, Johnny Russell , Kelso Herston, Leon Rhodes, Pete Wade, Roy Lanham, Teddy Wilburn , Billy Sanford, Jerry Shook (guitar); James Capps, Ray Edenton, Bill Hullett (acoustic guitar); Herman Wade, Grady Martin, Reggie Young (electric guitar); Don Helms, Harold Rugg, Lloyd Green, Speedy West, John Hughey, Buddy Charleton (steel guitar); Cecil Brower (violin); Harold Hensley, Johnny Gimble (fiddle); Floyd Cramer, William Whitney Pursell, David Briggs , Jerry Smith, Matt Rollings, Hargus "Pig" Robbins (piano); William Paul Ackerman, Tommy Markham, Muddy Berry, Eddie Bayers, Roy Harte, Jack Green (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Hollis Flatt.
Audio Remixers: Alan Stoker; Glenn Rieuf.
Liner Note Author: Jimmy Guterman.
Recording information: Bradley Recording Studio, Nashville, TN (02/??/1960-12/08/1987); Bradley's Barn, Mr. Juliet (02/??/1960-12/08/1987); Columbia Studio, Nashville, TN (02/??/1960-12/08/1987); Los Angeles, CA (02/??/1960-12/08/1987); Music (02/??/1960-12/08/1987).
Unknown Contributor Roles: Sheldon Kurland; Harold Bradley.
Arranger: David Briggs .
The definitive Loretta Lynn career retrospective, and liable to remain so. All the hits are here, plus rarities and overlooked tracks, and the three CDs are sequenced more or less chronologically, from her self-promoted 1960 breakthrough "Honky Tonk Girl" (recorded, in mono, under somewhat primitive conditions) to 1987's "Who Was That Stranger" (state-of-the-art digital), with Lynn's undiminished vocal powers supplying the continuity. Besides the signature songs, particularly noteworthy cuts include duets with country legend Ernest Tubb, and "Who Says God Is Dead," from an overlooked 1968 gospel album. Bottom line: If this isn't all the Loretta Lynn you'll ever need, it's darn close.