- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 28, 1998
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Selection
- Interactive Menu
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I need a little excitement."
- Annie (DEMI MOORE), to her son after she realizes she will be serving jury duty in a Mafia trial.
Variety - 02/05/1996
"...A kinetic, menacing performance by Alec Baldwin....[He has] a role here worthy of his steely-eyed intensity, mixing ruthlessness with seductive charm..."
New York Times - 02/02/1996
"...[A] solidly made thriller....[An] intelligently sinister film..."
A single mom on jury duty finds more than justice at stake as the mob boss who's on trial hires a seductive heavy to convince her to swing the trial his way--or else.
When Annie is chosen as a juror on the trial of a mafia kingpin, she has no idea how much it will destroy her life. That's because of a charming but vicious mob-hired hit man known as "the Teacher." He wants her to make sure the jury delivers an acquittal... or her son Oliver will die. To make his point clear, the Teacher begins terrorizing Annie and her son in numerous ways, until Annie is forced to hide Oliver in a foreign locale. With her son safe, Annie is able to gather her wits -- and turn the tables on the Teacher.
Law / Lawyers |
Organized Crime |
Theatrical Release |
- Released in the USA February 2, 1996. The film grossed a judicious $22.7 million domestically.
- Color by Technicolor.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.