Merle Haggard Okie From Muskogee (Live)
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$5.02 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.96 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 23, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: EMI Special Products
Q - 4/02, p.1304 out of 5 stars - "...Superb full-on trad country, full of live sparkiness..."
Mojo (Publisher) - April 2002, p.121"...Haggard offered something that was downhome and honest....[he] provided a musical history lesson that spanned from the blue yodel era of Jimmie Rodgers...through to a then contemporary truckin' theme in White Line Fever..."
- 1.Introduction By Carlton Haney
- 2.Mama Tried
- 3.No Hard Times
- 4.Silver Wings
- 5.Merle Recieves The Key To Muskogee
- 6.Merle's Introduction To Medley
- 7.Swinging Doors
- 8.I'm A Lonsome Fugitive
- 9.Sing Me Back Home
- 10.Branded Man
- 11.In The Arms of Love
- 12.Workin' Man Blues
- 13.Merle's Introduction To 'Hobo Bill'
- 14.Hobo Bill's Last Ride
- 15.Billy Overcame His Size
- 16.If I Had Left It Up To You
- 17.White Line Fever
- 18.Blue Rock
- 19.Introduction To 'Okie From Muskogee'
- 20.Okie From Muskogee
Personnel incudes: Merle Haggard (vocals, guitar); Gene Price (vocals, bass).
Includes liner notes by K. Vincent.
Digitally remastered by Mark Chalecki (Capitol Mastering).
This is part of Capitol's Cornerstone series.
Audio Remasterer: Mark Chalecki.
Recording information: Muskogee, OK (1969).
Merle Haggard's willingness to tackle tough subjects in his songs--and his ability to do so without being mawkish or simple-minded--has resulted in a classic body of work, one that has achieved overwhelming commercial success without compromising Haggard's artistic integrity. THE OKIE FROM MUSKOGEE, a budget-line release from Capitol Records, offers a solid introduction to the first decade of Haggard's career, during which the singer made and cemented his reputation as the 'working man's poet.'
Among the stellar tracks included here is Haggard's first single, "Sing A Sad Song." Several of Haggard's great prison songs are included, among them "I'm A Lonesome Fugitive," "Mama Tried," and the Death Row classics "Sing Me Back Home" and "Green Green Grass of Home." Other hits appearing here are the Haggard-Bonnie Owens duet "Today I Started Loving You Again" and the ironic title track, which pays homage to a place "where even squares can have a ball."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Hard, Hard Traveling Man [Bear Family] (4-CD Box Set)
$112.21 Super Savings
A Tombstone Every Mile [Bear Family] (7-CD Box Set)
$167.39 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Roots (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Buy For Me The Rain / Dance Little Jean (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE