Steve Wariner Faith In You
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: EMI Special Products
Personnel includes: Steve Wariner (vocals, 6 & 12-string acoustic, electric,
lap steel, electric B-bender & baritone guitars); Clint Black (vocals, harmonica); Garth Brooks (vocals); Reggie Young, Ryan Wariner (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (pedal & lap steel guitars); Sonny Garrish (steel guitar); Jerry Douglas (dobro); Jimmy Mattingly, Aubrey Haynie, Stuart Duncan (fiddle); Joey Schmidt (accordion); Joel Peskin (tenor saxophone); Jim Horn (horns); Matt Rollings, John Jarvis (piano); Glenn Worf, Abraham Laboriel (bass); Eddie Bayers (drums); Tom Roady (percussion); Bekka Bramlett, Harry Stinson, Tom Flora, Vicki Hampton, Lisa Cochran (background vocals).
All tracks have been digitally mastered using HDCD technology.
"Bloodlines" was nominated for the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Country Instrumental Performance.
Singer, songwriter, guitar player, producer--it seems there's not much Steve Wariner can't do. But because some of Wariner's biggest hits have been heart wrenching ballads ("Holes In the Floor of Heaven," "Two Teardrops"), it's easy to forget he's also not a mere balladeer.
With FAITH IN YOU, one of the best albums of his long career, Wariner incorporates a number of different styles, from the gentle Western swing of "I Just Do," to the horn-heavy honky-tonk of "Katie Wants a Fast One" (a duet with Garth Brooks), and the rollicking humor of "Make It Look Easy." The terrific "High Time" kicks off with a surprisingly funky percussion part, and on "Been There," Wariner and duet partner Clint Black get their groove on in a serious way. There are still plenty of heartfelt ballads however, including "Turn in the Road," a touching tribute to a mother's love, and the lovely "Waiting in the Wings," which tells the story of two meek people who inherit not the earth, but each other. Wariner keeps it in the family with the final track, "Bloodlines," a guitar instrumental featuring both his brother Terry and his oldest son, Ryan.
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$16.98 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 59,516
- UPC: 724359137629
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Don't Tread on Me (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Evolver (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 From Chaos (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Country: Western Swing Music Categories:
- Shelly Lee Alley Alley Cat Stomp 1937-1941 (CD) ~ $17.95
- Billy Armstrong World's Greatest Fiddle Player (CD) ~ $14.39
- Bob Skyles & His Skyrockets Bob Skyles & His Skyrockets 1937-1940 (CD) ~ $15.39 LABOR DAY
- Milton Brown Complete Recordings of the Father of Western Swing 1932-37 (5-CD Box Set) ~ $67.97 LABOR DAY
- Milton Brown Western Swing Chronicles, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $13.78 LABOR DAY