Dickie Goodman King of Novelty Works 1956 - 59 [Import]
- Released: September 14, 2009
- Label: Wisecrack
- 1.The Flying Saucer Part 1
- 2.The Flying Saucer Part 2
- 3.Buchanan & Goodman On Trial
- 5.Why Should We Break Up? - The Sonnets
- 6.Come Go With Me - The Del Vikings
- 7.Key To The Kingdom - The Nutmegs
- 8.Gift O' Gabbin Woman - The Nutmegs
- 9.Flying Saucer The 2ND
- 11.The Banana Boat Story
- 12.Santa and The Satellite Part 1
- 13.Santa and The Satellite Part 2
- 14.Martian Melody
- 15.Meet The Creature
- 16.Oo - We - Baby - Bill Allen
- 17.The Creature
- 18.The Flying Saucer Goes West
- 19.The Thing
- 20.Frankenstein of '59
- 21.Flying Saucer The Third
- 22.Russian Bandstand
- 23.Frankenstein Returns
- 24.Fake Out - Frankie Sardo
2009 collection from one of the most successful novelty artists of the '50s up through the '80s. In the late 1950's, with the Rock 'n' Roll sound at it's height and teenage America swept up in this new music with a very serious look on its face, one man came along and poked a little fun at things, taking on the law and winning in the process. That man was Dickie Goodman, and his seminal "break-in" hits spawned a new approach to novelty records, foreshadowing sampling, tape manipulations and mash-ups by many decades in the process. Goodman's early years, captured here, were peppered with hilarious and highly inventive novelty hits which 'sampled' Fats Domino, Little Richard, Elvis, The Platters, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, Nat "King" Cole, The Everly Brothers and just about everybody else who meant anything at the time, weaving captured fragments of familiar classics into three minute plays on the themes of space, the spooky and other fads of the era. Works 1956-1959 captures all the hits from this period.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE