The Shangri-Las Myrmidons of Melodrama
- Released: July 11, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Rpm Records Uk
- 1.Remember (Walking in the Sand)
- 2.It's Easier to Cry
- 3.Leader of the Pack
- 4.What Is Love?
- 5.Give Him a Great Big Kiss
- 6.Out in the Streets
- 7.The Boy
- 8.Give Us Your Blessings
- 9.Heaven Only Knows
- 10.Right Now and Not Later
- 11.The Train From Kansas City
- 12.Never Again
- 13.I'm Blue
- 14.What's a Girl Supposed to Do?
- 15.The Dum Dum Ditty
- 16.You Cheated, You Lied
- 17.I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- 18.Bull Dog
- 19.Long Live Our Love
- 20.Sophisticated Boom Boom
- 21.He Cried
- 22.Dressed in Black
- 23.Past, Present, and Future
- 25.Love You More Than Yesterday
- 26.Give Him a Great Big Kiss
- 27.Simon Says
- 28.Simon Speaks
- 29.Radio Spot #1 Revlon: How Pretty Can You Get?
- 30.Radio Spot #2 Revlon: Natural Wonder
- 31.Radio Spot #3 Good Taste Tip: Gift Receiving
- 32.Radio Spot #4 Good Taste Tip: Dating Courtesy
Liner Note Author: Mick Patrick.
Arrangers: Sal DiTroia; George "Shadow" Morton; Bob Bateman; Leroy Glover; Artie Butler.
The Shangri-Las were the quintessential girl group and MYRMIDONS OF MELODRAMA is the quintessential Shangri-Las collection. This 33-track set contains all of the trio's key songs-- including "Out in the Streets," "Train from Kansas City," Give Him a Great Big Kiss," and, of course, that ode to bad boys and the women who love them, "Leader of the Pack"--as well as classic radio spots and even dating tips from lead singer Mary Weiss. While the disc is certainly a showcase for Weiss's gorgeous, haunting lilt, it's also a fitting tribute to Shadow Morton, one of the most overlooked producers of the 1960s. Morton took teenage melancholy and created its sonic equivalent, making everything sound like it was recorded with the lights out so no one could see the tears. More than simply a pop confection, the Shangri-Las, in retrospect, embody a long-lost zeitgeist: these are the misunderstood bad girls who smoked in the bathroom, and the songs are their stories. Heartache and loneliness have never, ever sounded this cool.
Absolutely Right! - The Complete Tiger, Loma and Warner... (CD)(4)
$12.35 Super Savings
Ask the Girl Who Knows: The Best of 1958-1969 (CD)(2)
$13.17 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD)(2)
$2.98 on SALE