Blondie Blondie [Bonus Tracks]
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.14 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 10, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Capitol
Spin - 11/01, p.137"...Their inauspicious 1976 sock-hop debut..."
Entertainment Weekly - 9/21/01, p.85"...Lays the pulpy melodrama on thick, with Debbie Harry coming on like a harried femme fatale..." - Rating: B+
Q - 5/02 SE, p.1344 stars out of 5 - Included in Q's "100 Best Punk Albums".
Q - 10/94, p.1354 Stars - Excellent - "...Winking at their generation's fondness for trash culture, Blondie's pastiches of Brill Building pop swaggered with conviction..."All tracks have been digitally remastered.
- 1.X Offender
- 2.Little Girl Lies
- 3.In The Flesh
- 4.Look Good In Blue
- 5.In The Sun
- 6.A Shark In Jets Clothing
- 7.Man Overboard
- 8.Rip Her to Shreds
- 9.Rifle Range
- 10.Kung Fu Girls
- 11.The Attack of The Giant Ants
- 12.Out in The Streets (demo)
- 13.The Thin Line (demo)
- 14.Platinum Blonde (demo)
- 15.X Offender (single version)
- 16.In The Sun (single version)
Blondie: Deborah Harry (vocals); Chris Stein, Gary Valentine (guitar, bass); James Destri (piano, organ, synthesizer); Clement Burke (drums).
Additional personnel: Ellie Greenwich, Micki Harris, Hilda Harris (background vocals).
Producer: Richard Gottehrer.
Reissue producer: Kevin Flaherty.
Recorded at Plaza Sound Stuidos, New York, New York in August & September 1976. Originally released on Private Stock (2023) in January 1977, reissued on Chrysalis (1165) in September 1977. Includes liner notes by Mike Chapman.
All tracks have been digitally remastered using 24-bit technology.
Composer: Marty Thau.
Personnel: Debbie Harry (vocals); Gary Valentine (guitar, bass guitar); Chris Stein (guitar); Jimmy Destri (piano, grand piano, Farfisa); Clem Burke (drums); Ellie Greenwich, Micki Harris, Hilda Harris (background vocals).
Audio Remixer: Craig Leon.
Liner Note Author: Richard Gottehrer.
Recording information: Plaza Sound Studios, New York, NY (08/1976-09/1976).
Photographers: Jonathan Postal; Ray Stevenson; Bob Gruen.
Recorded in 1976, Blondie's self-titled debut was part of the New York City/CBGB's crowd's initial salvo of punk/new wave, radically different from anything in the American mainstream at the time. While other CBGB scenemakers strove for either artiness (Television) or primitivism (Ramones), Blondie was always about pure pop, served with a healthy dose of irony. Its early-'60s rock & roll/girl-group roots were never so apparent as on this album--"In the Sun" sounds like a classic slice of sunny '60s West Coast pop, while "In the Flesh" reaches even further back for a '50s ballad feel.
The sly lyrics, Debbie Harry's knowing delivery, and especially Jimmy Destri's gloriously cheesy organ riffs make it apparent that revivalism was never Blondie's intention; the band simply used the past to hijack the punk present and lay claim to a new wave future. Over the next few years, countless groups would adopt the template laid down on the first couple of Blondie albums, with varying degrees of success, but, as this recording makes plain, Blondie did it first and best.
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)(5)
$6.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)(174)
$30.58 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Fugitives On The Run With The Fugitives (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE