Rod Stewart Smiler
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: MCA Special Products
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller
- $0.69 on iTunes2.Lochinvar
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Farewell
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Sailor
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Bring It On Home To Me / You Send Me
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Let Me Be Your Car
- $0.99 on iTunes7.(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Man
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Dixie Toot
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Hard Road
- $0.99 on iTunes10.I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Girl From The North Country
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Mine For Me
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Rod Stewart (vocals); Elton John (vocals, piano); Martin Quittenton (acoustic guitar); Ron Wood (guitar); Ray Jackson (mandolin); Dick Powell, Rick Gretch (violin); Pete Sears (piano); Ian McLagan (keyboards); Spike Heatley, Willie Weeks (bass); Mickey Waller (drums, trombone); Kenny Jones, Andy Newmark (drums); Ray Cooper (percussion); Doreen Chanter, Rube (background vocals); Chris Barber's Jazz Band, The Tropic Isle Steel Band, The Memphis Horns.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Rod Stewart (vocals); Elton John (vocals, piano, keyboards); Ron Wood (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Martin Quittenton (guitar, acoustic guitar); Ray Jackson (mandolin); Dick Powell, Rick Grech (violin); Mickey Waller (trombone, drums); Ian McLagan (piano, organ); Pete Sears (piano); Kenney Jones, Andy Newmark (drums); Ray Cooper (percussion); Irene Chanter (background vocals).
Unknown Contributor Role: Tropic Isles Steel Band.
On SMILER, as per usual, Stewart's approach towards recording was to invite over a bunch of friends, get the spirits flowing and have a grand time laying down tracks. The gang included Elton John, who plays on his own "Let Me Be Your Car." Along with Reg's song, Stewart's other covers included a raucous "Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller," a lovingly rendered Sam Cooke medley of "Bring It On Home To Me/You Send Me" and a reworking of Aretha Franklin's classic that reads as "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Man." Ron Wood returned on guitar and co-wrote the Mott-like "Sailor" and "Dixie Toot" with Stewart, who gave the latter selection a New Orleans twist by having Chris Barber's Jazz Band play on it. Rod's creative derring-do included an instrumental version of the Lerner & Loewe standard "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face" and use of the Tropic Isle Steel Band on the Paul & Linda McCartney penned "Mine For Me."
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
As Time Goes By...The Great American Songbook, Volume 2 (CD)(172)
Fly Me to the Moon: The Great American Songbook, Volume 5 (CD)(130)
Still the Same: Great Rock Classics of Our Time (CD)(209)
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)(6)
$24.95 on SALE
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Don't Tread on Me (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Evolver (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 From Chaos (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE