Rod Stewart Smiler
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: MCA Special Products
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Rod Stewart (vocals); Elton John (vocals, piano); Martin Quittenton (acoustic guitar); Ron Wood (guitar); Ray Jackson (mandolin); Dick Powell, Rick Gretch (violin); Pete Sears (piano); Ian McLagan (keyboards); Spike Heatley, Willie Weeks (bass); Mickey Waller (drums, trombone); Kenny Jones, Andy Newmark (drums); Ray Cooper (percussion); Doreen Chanter, Rube (background vocals); Chris Barber's Jazz Band, The Tropic Isle Steel Band, The Memphis Horns.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Rod Stewart (vocals); Elton John (vocals, piano, keyboards); Ron Wood (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Martin Quittenton (guitar, acoustic guitar); Ray Jackson (mandolin); Dick Powell, Rick Grech (violin); Mickey Waller (trombone, drums); Ian McLagan (piano, organ); Pete Sears (piano); Kenney Jones, Andy Newmark (drums); Ray Cooper (percussion); Irene Chanter (background vocals).
Unknown Contributor Role: Tropic Isles Steel Band.
On SMILER, as per usual, Stewart's approach towards recording was to invite over a bunch of friends, get the spirits flowing and have a grand time laying down tracks. The gang included Elton John, who plays on his own "Let Me Be Your Car." Along with Reg's song, Stewart's other covers included a raucous "Sweet Little Rock 'N' Roller," a lovingly rendered Sam Cooke medley of "Bring It On Home To Me/You Send Me" and a reworking of Aretha Franklin's classic that reads as "(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Man." Ron Wood returned on guitar and co-wrote the Mott-like "Sailor" and "Dixie Toot" with Stewart, who gave the latter selection a New Orleans twist by having Chris Barber's Jazz Band play on it. Rod's creative derring-do included an instrumental version of the Lerner & Loewe standard "I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face" and use of the Tropic Isle Steel Band on the Paul & Linda McCartney penned "Mine For Me."
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$5.93 LABOR DAY
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$21.21 LABOR DAY
Still the Same: Great Rock Classics of Our Time (CD)
Wild Horses-A Rock & Roll Tribute To The Rolling Stones (CD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Rock & Pop: Hard Rock Music Categories:
- 12 Stones Anthem for the Underdog (CD) ~ $8.73 LABOR DAY
- 21 Guns Nothing's Real (CD) ~ $14.81 LABOR DAY
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $16.50 LABOR DAY
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams (CD) ~ $12.56
- 30 Seconds to Mars Love Lust Faith + Dreams [Clean] (CD) ~ $12.56
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE