B.B. King Indianola Mississippi Seeds
|You Save:||$1.01 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: MCA Special Products
Rolling Stone - 12/24/70, p.54"...The album displays the vital and ever-developing nature of this man King, who has been playing and wailing the blues for more than 20 of his 45 years..."
Q - 9/95, p.1413 Stars - Good - "...Eagle Joe Walsh and Carole King are in the supporting cast and it's fine, if hardly packed with surprises..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: B. B. King (vocals, guitar, piano); Hugh McCracken, Joe Walsh (guitar); Paul Harris (piano); Carole King, Leon Russell (keyboards); Bryan Garofalo, Gerald Jemmott (bass); Russ Kunkel, Herb Lovelle (drums); Sherlie Matthews, Merry Clayton, Clydie King, Venetta Fields (background vocals).
Engineers: Bill Szymczyk, Gary Kellgren, Joe Zagarino.
Recorded at The Record Plant, Los Angeles, California and The Hit Factory, New York.
INDIANOLA MISSISSIPPI SEEDS was King's first album on ABC.
Personnel: B.B. King (vocals, guitar); Leon Russell (piano).
The years 1969 and 1970 were busy ones for B.B. King. When he wasn't playing one of his 300-plus gigs, King was in the studio laying down tracks that included "The Thrill Is Gone," his only Top 20 hit. 1970's INDIANOLA MISSISSIPPI SEEDS was a record that fit in well with the musical climate of the time. Up and coming artists such as Carole King and Leon Russell contributed their talents to these predominantly B.B. King-penned numbers.
The female King plays piano throughout, giving "You're Still My Woman" an Aretha Franklin flavor whereas "Until I'm Dead And Cold" is infused with a sanctified air thanks to her playing and the inclusion of a brassy horn section. No slouch on the eighty-eights himself, Russell (along with a then unknown Joe Walsh) provides funky accompaniment on "Ask Me No Questions" and the instrumental "King's Special." The blues legend himself lays Lucille aside long enough to give himself solo piano accompaniment on the minute and a half "Nobody Love Me But My Mother." Leon Russell's biggest contribution to INDIANOLA is of his oft-recorded "Hummingbird." Along with playing piano, the musically gifted Okie also conducts a string section and gospel-inspired chorus of female back-up singers that includes Merry Clayton.
Rockin' in the USA: 22 Original Rare Television Recordings (DVD)
$4.98 on SALE
To Know You Is To Love You / Let The Good Times Roll (with... (45)
$5 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 25 ratings.
Based on 25 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
R&B: Soul Music Categories:
- The 5th Dimension The Age of Aquarius (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Aquarius Let The Sunshine In (CD) ~ $9.88
- The 5th Dimension The Essential 5th Dimension (2-CD) ~ $12.85
- The 5th Dimension Greatest Hits on Earth (CD) ~ $7.18
- The 5th Dimension Live! Plus Rare Studio Recordings (CD) ~ $9.62
Top ranking titles in the Blues genre:
- Mississippi John Hurt Satisfying Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Lightnin' Hopkins Blues (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Buster Brown New King of The Blues - Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Old Town Records Presents Country Blues (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Old Town Records Presents City Blues (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE