The Outsiders 30 Years Live!
|You Save:||$2.99 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by West Side Boys ~ Featuring Frank Lafaro ~ $21.94
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
The great Outsiders return with this live reunion LP featuring "Time Won't Let Me," "Respectable," "Help Me Girl," "Precious and Few" and other sixties favorites and originals.
- 1.Time Won't Let Me
- 2.Come On Up
- 4.Five Steps Forward
- 5.Previous And Few
- 6.Help Me Girl
- 7.Good Lovin
- 8.Was It Really Real
- 9.Ain't Too Proud To Beg
- 10.Since I Lost My Baby
- 11.Little Bit Of Lovin'
- 12.I'll Give You Time
- 13.Some Kind Of Wonderful
- 14.Wine, Wine, Wine
- 15.Lost In My World
The Outsiders: Rob Mitchell (vocals, bass); Eddie Soto (vocals); Tom King, Ted Sikora (guitar, background vocals); Dave Hershy (horns); Joe Potnicky (keyboards); Dan King (drums).
Additional personnel: Rusty Schmidt (vocals); Walt Nims (guitar, background vocals); Nick Farcas (keyboards); Scott Ingram (bass).
Recorded live in Cleveland, Ohio and Las Vegas, Nevada in 1991.
Personnel: Walter Nims (vocals, guitar); Rob Mitchell (vocals); Ted Sikora, Tom King (guitar, background vocals); Dan King (drums).
Recording information: Cleveland, OH (1991); Las Vegas, NV (1991).
This CD is something more than a cash-in effort by a '60s outfit on the oldies circuit, although it is that too. Guitarist/backup singer Tom King is one of two original members on hand for the two 1991 shows (one from Cleveland and one in Las Vegas) whose highlights comprise this disc; guitarist Walt Nims, who has worked with King in various bands since 1958 (and wrote "Preciousand Few"), is here also. The performances aren't bad, and instead of concentrating on the Outsiders' biggest hits, they throw in cool album tracks like "Good Lovin'" (performed on Happening Live), "Wine Wine Wine" and "Since I Lost My Baby" as well as failed singles ("I'll Give You Time") and obscure B-sides like "Was It Really Real" and "Lost In My World," all in spirited performances that show a certain degree of spontaneity. Additionally, they cover familiar songs by '60s contemporaries such as the Rascals ("Come on Up"), in versions that are enjoyable and lively. They do sort of blow it when they add a current Walt Nims composition, "Five Steps Forward," which isn't anything special, sung by Nims. It's a few minutes of wasted time on what is otherwise one of the better live discs of its kind that one is likely to see from a revived '60s act. ~ Bruce Eder
Vanity FareThe Sun - The Wind - And Other Things - A Golden Classics... (CD)
$10.98 on SALE
Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era,... (CD)
Nuggets II: Original Artyfacts From The British Empire &... (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,132
- UPC: 090431069424
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.65 Super Savings
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 45 RPM "Doo Wop & Acappella" Starlight Sessions (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- 49th Street 49th Street (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Up Up and Away - The Encore Collection (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Gregory Abbott Rhyme & Reason (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Collectables Records Labels:
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3
- 1910 Fruitgum Co. / Kasenetz-Katz Super Circus Indian Giver / Quick Joey Small (45) ~ $1 on SALE
- Faye Adams Herald Recordings (CD) ~ $6.49 on SALE
- Jerri Adams It's Cool Inside / Play For Keeps (CD) ~ $9.73 on SALE
- Johnny Adams / Jeannie C. Riley Reconsider Me / Harper Valley PTA (45) ~ $3