Maze Live In Los Angeles (2-CD)
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Maze ~ Anthology (2-CD) ~ $16.04
- by Maze ~ Inspiration ~ $12.36
- by Maze ~ Live In New Orleans ~ $11.70
- by Maze ~ Featuring Frankie Beverly: Live in Los Angeles ~ $12.58
- by Maze ~ We Are One ~ $7.56
Products with a similar style:
- Dazz Band The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $3.99
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: February 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Capitol
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Running Away
- 3.Too Many Games
- 4.I Wanna Thank You
- 6.Happy Feelin's
- 7.Feel That You're Feelin'
- 8.Frank's Rap
- 9.I Want To Feel I'm Wanted
- 10.We Are One
- 11.Joy And Pain
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Before I Let Go
- 2.Back In Stride
- 3.Freedom (South Africa)
- 4.I Wanna Be With You
- 5.Dee's Song
- 6.When You Love Someone
- 7.I Wanna Be With You
Maze/Frankie Beverly: Frankie Beverly (vocals, guitar, piano); Wayne Thomas (guitar); Sam Porter (organ); Kimo Cornwell (keyboards, synthesizer); Robin Duhe (bass); Michael White (drums); McKinley "Bug" Williams, Roame (percussion, background vocals).
Recorded at the Universal Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
Personnel: Frankie Beverly (vocals, guitar, piano); Wayne Thomas (guitar); Sam Porter (organ); Kimo Cornwell (keyboards, synthesizer); Robin Duhe (bass guitar); Michael White (drums); Roame (congas, background vocals); McKinley Williams (percussion, background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Frankie Beverly; David Luke; Greg Blockman; John Nowland.
Audio Remasterer: Kevin Bartley.
Liner Note Author: David Nathan.
Recording information: Universal Amphitheatre.
Photographer: Henry Diltz.
Maze's live albums are true reflections of their live show. You know what to expect from Maze: they sing the songs that made them famous, and others culled from many albums recorded over a successful career. You don't have to worry about them trying to show their versatility or musical awareness by performing songs made famous by others. The show opens with a bang with Frankie Beverly and the boys doing a rousing "Running Away" for an elated crowd, and it's followed by "Too Many Games," where he scats a bit. Beverly writes all of Maze's material and has been prolific without the quality suffering. On "I Wanna Thank You," he gives thanks to Maze fans and supporters, highly unusual in song form but a nice gesture. "Happy Feelin's" will remain a concert staple as long as Maze performs, regardless of how many other hits they have; they enjoy doing it, and its positive, perky beat never bores. Famous for their beat ballads, "I Want to Feel I'm Wanted" doesn't disappoint. The groove continues on an uplifting "We Are One," where they cleverly interject snatches of "Look at California." "Back in Stride Again," with its maniacal beat, is crisp and clear. An added studio cut, "When You Love Someone," is satisfying. Aesthetically pleasing, and all Maze; the '60s-sounding MC is a bit much, though. ~ Andrew Hamilton
The Greatest Hits of Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly:... (CD)(22)
$8.34 Super Savings
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE