Maze Live In Los Angeles (2-CD)
|You Save:||$2 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Dazz Band The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD) ~ $4.48
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: February 11, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Capitol
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 2.Running Away
- 3.Too Many Games
- 4.I Wanna Thank You
- 6.Happy Feelin's
- 7.Feel That You're Feelin'
- 8.Frank's Rap
- 9.I Want To Feel I'm Wanted
- 10.We Are One
- 11.Joy And Pain
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Before I Let Go
- 2.Back In Stride
- 3.Freedom (South Africa)
- 4.I Wanna Be With You
- 5.Dee's Song
- 6.When You Love Someone
- 7.I Wanna Be With You
Maze/Frankie Beverly: Frankie Beverly (vocals, guitar, piano); Wayne Thomas (guitar); Sam Porter (organ); Kimo Cornwell (keyboards, synthesizer); Robin Duhe (bass); Michael White (drums); McKinley "Bug" Williams, Roame (percussion, background vocals).
Recorded at the Universal Amphitheatre, Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
Personnel: Frankie Beverly (vocals, guitar, piano); Wayne Thomas (guitar); Sam Porter (organ); Kimo Cornwell (keyboards, synthesizer); Robin Duhe (bass guitar); Michael White (drums); Roame (congas, background vocals); McKinley Williams (percussion, background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Frankie Beverly; David Luke; Greg Blockman; John Nowland.
Audio Remasterer: Kevin Bartley.
Liner Note Author: David Nathan.
Recording information: Universal Amphitheatre.
Photographer: Henry Diltz.
Maze's live albums are true reflections of their live show. You know what to expect from Maze: they sing the songs that made them famous, and others culled from many albums recorded over a successful career. You don't have to worry about them trying to show their versatility or musical awareness by performing songs made famous by others. The show opens with a bang with Frankie Beverly and the boys doing a rousing "Running Away" for an elated crowd, and it's followed by "Too Many Games," where he scats a bit. Beverly writes all of Maze's material and has been prolific without the quality suffering. On "I Wanna Thank You," he gives thanks to Maze fans and supporters, highly unusual in song form but a nice gesture. "Happy Feelin's" will remain a concert staple as long as Maze performs, regardless of how many other hits they have; they enjoy doing it, and its positive, perky beat never bores. Famous for their beat ballads, "I Want to Feel I'm Wanted" doesn't disappoint. The groove continues on an uplifting "We Are One," where they cleverly interject snatches of "Look at California." "Back in Stride Again," with its maniacal beat, is crisp and clear. An added studio cut, "When You Love Someone," is satisfying. Aesthetically pleasing, and all Maze; the '60s-sounding MC is a bit much, though. ~ Andrew Hamilton
The Greatest Hits of Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly:... (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the R&B / Soul genre:
- War Me And Baby Brother / Ballero (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- The Gap Band Early In The Morning / Open Your Mind (Wide) (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Tony! Toni! Toné! Feels Good / Little Walter (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- The 5th Dimension Playlist: Very Best Of (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- The Drifters There Goes My Baby: 10-Song Collection (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE