Judy Garland Classic Judy Garland 1955-1965 (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: September 24, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Capitol
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Over The Rainbow
- 2.Rock A Bye Your Baby With A Dixie Melody
- 3.Judy's Olio Medley
- 4.I'm Old Fashioned
- 5.Come Rain Or Come Shine
- 6.Last Night When We Were Young
- 7.Me And My Shadow
- 8.By Myself
- 9.Then You've Never Been Blue
- 10.It's So Lovely To Be Back Again In London
- 11.Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart
- 12.Day In, Day Out
- 13.Can't Give You Anything But Love
- 14.Purple People Eater
- 15.Do It Again
- 16.When The Sun Comes Out
- 17.The Worst Kind Of Man
- 18.The Red Balloon
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.How Long Has This Been Going On?
- 2.It Never Was You
- 4.Happiness Is Just A Thing Called Joe
- 5.Almost Like Being In Love / This Can't Be Love
- 6.The Man That Got Away
- 7.San Francisco
- 8.Comes Once In A Lifetime
- 9.Sweet Danger
- 10.Just In Time
- 11.Why Can't I
- 12.I Could Go On Singing
- 13.As Long As He Needs Me
- 14.The Land Of Promises
- 15.It's Yourself
- 16.There's Only One Union
- 17.Maggie May
- 18.Don't Rain On My Parade
- 19.What Now, My Love?
Includes a 20-page booklet.
Compilation producers: Cheryl Pawelski, Scott Schechter.
Recorded between 1955 & 1965. Includes liner notes by Scott Schechter.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
In his book Judy Garland: The Day-by-Day Chronicle of a Legend, Scott Schechter wrote for August 1955: "Judy signed a...recording contract with Capitol Records, where she would make her finest recordings." As annotator, co-producer, and co-compiler of Classic Judy Garland: The Capitol Years 1955-1965, Schechter is able to give substance to his assertion, as he and co-producer/co-compiler Cheryl Pawelski construct a double-disc chronicle of Garland's Capitol recordings. The strictly chronological collection begins with the sessions for her first Capitol album, Miss Show Business, and concludes over nine years later with songs from her duo show with her daughter, Liza Minnelli, at the London Palladium in November 1964. In between, the compilers are careful to balance well-known staples of Garland's concerts and re-recordings of her early signature songs with rarities, including two previously unreleased songs, another previously unreleased performance, and four songs new to CD. Although Garland's tenure at Capitol was commercially successful, capped by the number one 1961 album Judy at Carnegie Hall, the label rarely released singles on her, so she did not score hits in the conventional sense. The compilers make a point of selecting at least a couple of tracks from every album project, whether it was finished and released or not, and they have dug up such rare British releases as the single "Comes Once in a Lifetime" from the musical Stop the World -- I Want to Get Off and an EP of songs from the musical Maggie May. But they don't forget Garland favorites like "Over the Rainbow" and "The Man That Got Away," although, of course, the Capitol versions are remakes. Some people still may feel that Garland made her finest recordings for Decca and MGM in the 1930s and '40s, but this album makes a strong case for her Capitol years. ~ William Ruhlmann
Judy GarlandThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.34 Super Savings
Judy GarlandLove Songs: Rare Recordings from the Judy Garland Show
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Sound of Music [35th Anniversary Soundtrack + Bonus... (CD)
$5.97 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
- Paul Anka 21 Golden Hits (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Nat "King" Cole The Complete U.S. & U.K. Hits 1942-1962 (5-CD) ~
$21.75 Super Savings
Perry Como Greatest Hits 1943-1953 (City Hall) (2-CD) ~
$7.79 Super Savings
Joni James The Very Best of Joni James 1951-62 (2-CD) ~
$14.22 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE