Live From Las Vegas
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Capitol
JazzTimes - p.111"[I]t remains impossible to top the free-wheeling antics of Louis Prima, then-wife Keely Smith and saxophonist pal Sam Butera."
- 1.Them There Eyes / Honeysuckle Rose
- 2.I've Got You Under My Skin
- 3.Should I / I Can't Believe That You're In Love With Me
- 4.Don't Take Your Love From Me
- 5.Greenback Dollar Bill
- 6.Autumn Leaves
- 7.The White Cliffs Of Dover
- 8.Nothing Can Replace A Man
- 9.Robin Hood
- 11.Somebody Loves Me / Nothing's Too Good For My Baby
- 12.Pack Your Clothes
- 13.Come Rain Or Come Shine
- 14.Too Marvelous For Words
- 15.Embraceable You / I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
- 16.Buona Sera
- 17.Can't Help Lovin' That Man / Tenderly
- 18.When The Saints Go Marching In
This includes 13 previously unreleased tracks.
Personnel: Louis Prima; Keely Smith; Sam Butera & the Witnesses.
Liner Note Author: James Ritz.
Talented, comic, lovable, and zany, Louis Prima and Keely Smith were one of several acts who became virtually synonymous with Las Vegas. They knew how to work as a team (their rapport was legendary), and they also knew how to put on a show that mirrored the freewheeling nightlife of Sin City. Backed by the hard-swinging, sax-dominated sounds of Sam Butera & the Witnesses (who appear here), Prima and Smith were legendary for having "the wildest show on the Strip."
All of those qualities and more are revealed on this excellent live document, recorded at the Sahara. Like many of the recordings in the LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS series, this set boasts crystalline sound and a warm, intimate quality that gives the listener the impression of being stage-side. In addition to the excellent vocal performances (Smith's "Nothing Can Replace a Man" and Prima's "Too Marvelous for Words," among others), the duo's comic banter makes the experience complete. Of particular interest--and Prima completists should take note here--is that of the album's 19 tracks, 13 are previously unreleased, making LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS a rare and unique recording, in addition to its value as a rollicking good time.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!