Dean Martin Dino: The Essential Dean Martin
|You Save:||$1.19 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: June 1, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Ain't That A Kick In The Head
- 2.That's Amore
- 3.Memories Are Made Of This
- 4.Just In Time
- 6.I'd Cry Like A Baby
- 7.Volare (Nel Blu, Di Pinto Di Blu)
- 8.Under The Bridges Of Paris
- 9.Love Me, Love Me
- 11.Mambo Italiano
- 12.Let Me Go Lover
- 13.Standing On The Corner
- 14.You Belong To Me
- 15.Powder Your Face With Sunshine (Smile! Smile! Smile!)
- 16.Innamorata (Sweetheart)
- 17.I'll Always Love You (Day After Day)
- 19.You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You
- 20.Return To Me (Ritorna-Me)
- 21.The Door Is Still Open To My Heart
- 23.Send Me The Pillow You Dream On
- 24.Everybody Loves Somebody
- 25.In The Chapel In The Moonlight
- 26.I Will
- 27.Little Old Wine Drinker, Me
- 28.Somewhere There's A Someone
- 29.In The Misty Moonlight
- 30.Gentle On My Mind
Personnel: Dean Martin (vocals).
Liner Note Authors: Dean Martin; Deana Martin; Steven Van Zandt; Gail Martin Downey.
Nearly a decade after Dean Martin's death, the crooner's fans were finally given the definitive Dino collection. While there was already a two-disc summation of Martin's Capitol recordings, as well as several compilations of his Reprise material, the single-disc, 30-track DINO: THE ESSENTIAL DEAN MARTIN contains a generous selection of the best of his work, culling from both labels' vaults. Steubenville, Ohio's favorite son became a singing star in the 1950s, mostly by virtue of his smooth, easy charm, apparent both in his vocal style and his public image. That charm is crystallized here--the South American lilt of "Sway;" the spare, countryish "Memories Are Made of This" (not insignificantly covered later by Johnny Cash); the laissez-faire swing of "Ain't That a Kick in the Head"--it all bespeaks an uncommon coolness that was Martin's to burn. DINO: THE ESSENTIAL DEAN MARTIN catches all of his best-known tunes, from the aforementioned gems to the perennial Reprise-era sing-along "Everybody Loves Somebody," but it fills in the spaces between with lots of equally lovable tracks, or did you think Glen Campbell had the patent on "Gentle on My Mind?"
Frank SinatraClassic Sinatra: His Great Performances, 1953-1960
$8.34 Super Savings
Hollywood Musicals of the 60's [Documentary] (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 102 ratings.
Based on 102 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE