The Beach Boys Sounds of Summer: Very Best of The Beach Boys
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 10, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 6/12/03, p.985 stars out of 5 - "...The overall effect of this thirty-track overview of the Beach Boys' career is similar to that of the Beatles' 1: Both compilations strive to blow you away with the sheer amount of hit singles at hand, and both succeed..."
- 1.California Girls
- 2.I Get Around
- 3.Surfin' Safari
- 4.Surfin' U.S.A.
- 5.Fun, Fun, Fun
- 6.Surfer Girl
- 7.Don't Worry Baby
- 8.Little Deuce Coupe
- 9.Shut Down
- 10.Help Me, Rhonda
- 11.Be True To Your School
- 12.When I Grow Up (To Be A Man)
- 13.In My Room
- 14.God Only Knows
- 15.Sloop John B
- 16.Wouldn't It Be Nice
- 17.Getcha Back
- 18.Come Go With Me
- 19.Rock And Roll Music
- 20.Dance, Dance, Dance
- 21.Barbara Ann
- 22.Do You Wanna Dance
- 23.Heroes And Villains
- 24.Good Timin'
- 26.Do It Again
- 27.Wild Honey
- 29.I Can Hear Music
- 30.Good Vibrations
The Beach Boys: Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston, David Marks.
Producers include: Brian Wilson, Murry Wilson, Nik Venet, Steve Levine, The Beachboys.
Recorded between 1962 & 1988.
Includes liner notes by Anthony DeCurtis.
Personnel: Carl Wilson (vocals, guitar); Dennis Wilson (vocals, drums); Dean Torrence, Al Jardine, Mike Love , Brian Wilson (vocals); David Marks (guitar).
Audio Remixer: Mark Linett.
Liner Note Author: Anthony DeCurtis.
Recording information: 1962-1985.
This collection perfectly captures on a single disc the career arc of one of America's most important pop groups. Stuffing 30 songs into a small space, SOUNDS OF SUMMER checks in with these West Coast sunshine pop wizards at each phase of their development. There's the early chicks-and-cars, Chuck Berry-influenced material ("I Get Around," "Little Deuce Coupe"), the surf songs on which the Beach Boys' early reputation is based (the genre's national anthem "Surfin' Safari," the surprisingly transcendent "Surfer Girl"), and more.
Of course the celebrated "teenage symphonies to God" era is covered nicely, with such untouchable moments as "God Only Knows," "Good Vibrations," and "Wouldn't It Be Nice." The fact that the band didn't dry up and blow away after the 1960s is not lost on SOUNDS OF SUMMER either, as witnessed by the inclusion of Chuck Berry cover "Rock and Roll Music" and the latter-day summer-fun hit "Kokomo."
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$24.95 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 195 ratings.
Based on 195 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.02 Super Savings
Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators (Deluxe Ed.)... (CD)
$15.71 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE