|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 6, 2009
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Compass Records
Dirty Linen - p.40"Carroll's playing is consistently flawless, but the disc really provides an opportunity for Doyle to show his diverse talents on 12-string guitar, bouzouki, and mandolin..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.The Chandelier / Anne Lacey's
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Before the Storm / The Black Rogue
- $0.99 on iTunes3.A Pound a Week Rise
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Lament for Tommy Makem / Within a Hen's Kick / The Slippery Slope
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Nearby, Long Ago
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Ricky's White Face / The Boys from Bolinas
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Down at the Wakehouse / The True Love of My Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Paddy Glackin's Trip to Dingle / On the Lam / The Waves at Dingle / The Top of the Stairs
- $0.99 on iTunes9.John Cahill's Jig / Tommy Doyle's
- $0.99 on iTunes10.The Hare's Lament / Pat Mahon's Jig
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Castle Kelly / Galway Rambler
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Little Christmas / The Old Course / The Twilight Child
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Rushin' Dressing / The Quitter / Remove the Rug
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Liz Carroll (fiddle); John Doyle (vocals, guitar, 12-string guitar, bouzouki, mandola); John Burr (organ); Kenny Malone (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Erick Jaskowiak.
Recording information: Compass Sound Studio, Nashville, TN.
Photographer: Robert Hakalski.
Arrangers: Liz Carroll; John Doyle .
With these two together, you know it's a class act of Irish and Irish-American music, and Double Play never disappoints. The two have superb communication, and, of course, the skills to transform music into magic. There's also the added bonus of John Doyle's singing on a few tracks. He doesn't possess the greatest voice, but there's something quite affecting about it, especially on the mining song "A Pound a Week Rise," delivered with powerful conviction. The two guests are used sparingly, although the organ adds a lovely touch to "Nearby, Long Ago." The sets are all excellent, played with the kind of brilliance that comes from not having to prove anything and simply enjoying performing, with a mix of traditionals, originals, and contemporary material. It's a record where you can justifiably expect great things, and you won't be disappointed. ~ Chris Nickson
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE