The Raspberries Greatest
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Eric Carmen ~ All By Myself: The Best of Eric Carmen ~ $11.02
- by The Grass Roots ~ All Time Greatest Hits [Import] ~ $8.67
- by Eric Carmen ~ Definitive Collection ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by Eric Carmen ~ The Essential Eric Carmen (2-CD) ~ $12.85
- by Badfinger ~ Timeless...The Musical Legacy ~ $4.92
Products with a similar style:
- Released: May 24, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Go All The Way
- 2.Come Around And See Me
- 3.Don't Want To Say Goodbye
- 4.I Saw The Light
- 5.I Can Remember
- 6.I Wanna Be With You
- 7.Drivin' Around
- 8.Let's Pretend
- 9.I Reach For The Light
- 10.Nobody Knows
- 11.If You Change Your Mind
- 13.I'm A Rocker
- 15.Last Dance
- 16.I Don't Know What I Want
- 17.Cruisin' Music
- 18.Starting Over
- 19.Party's Over
- 20.Overnight Sensation
Personnel includes: Eric Carmen (vocals).
Includes liner notes by The Raspberries and Ken Sharp.
The Raspberries: Eric Carmen (vocals, guitar, piano, bass guitar); Dave Smalley (vocals, guitar, bass guitar); Wally Bryson (vocals, guitar); Scott McCarl, John Alleksic (vocals, bass guitar); Jim Bonfanti, Michael McBride (drums, background vocals).
Personnel: Michael McBride (vocals, drums); Jim Bonfanti (vocals).
Audio Remasterers: Evren G”knar; Kevin Bartley.
Liner Note Author: Ken Sharp.
Your typical garden-variety rock historian says that Big Star never went over with American record buyers because the kids were more interested in hard rock or prog than smart power pop at the time -- but that logic conveniently ignores the fact that the Raspberries were scoring hits and selling tickets all across the nation at the same time Radio City was dying on the vine. And while Eric Carmen may have lacked Alex Chilton's snazz as a freak-genius guitarist or songwriter, at their best the Raspberries were the band who succeeded where Big Star failed, crafting gloriously hooky but potently rockin' three-minute tunes that moved the British Invasion musical ethos ten years into the future. (And one could argue that Wally Bryson, Jim Bonfanti, and John Alleksic were a more potent backing band than Chilton had at the time, even if they lacked a visionary along the lines of Chris Bell.) Greatest covers most of the same territory that was charted out on previous Raspberries compilations (most notably the Capitol Collectors Series set from 1991), but the material has been remastered using 24-bit technology for greater punch and power, and the liner notes feature relevant commentary from Carmen, Bryson, and Bonfanti on the songs. From the glorious teenage lust anthem "Go All the Way" to "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)," still the best song about the rush of hearing yourself on the radio, Greatest is an excellent one-stop shopping place for your Raspberries needs. You may not need this to replace any of the previous greatest-hits sets, but anyone looking for a great introduction to this great band can buy this with confidence. ~ Mark Deming
Badfinger / Wish You Were Here / In Concert at the BBC,... (CD)
$16.04 Super Savings
Absolute Rollers: The Very Best of the Bay City Rollers (CD)
$7.83 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
Based on 14 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE