Dean Martin Live From Las Vegas
|You Save:||$1.35 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Fanfare With Intro & Opening Theme (Everybody Loves Somebody)
- 2.Drink To Me Only With Thine Eyes / Pennies From Heaven (Bourbon) / Hello, Dolly (Vegas)!
- 4.June In January
- 5.Eveybody Loves Somebody
- 7.That's Amore
- 8.Everybody Loves Somebody Instrumental Run-Off And Monologue
- 9.Try A Little Tenderness / Love Walked In / Cecilia / Me And My Gal / Swing Low, Sweet Chariot & More
- 10.You Made Me Love You / It Had To Be You / Nevertheless
- 11.Welcome To My World
- 12.If You Knew Susie (Like I Know Susie)
- 13.Volare / On An Evening In Roma
- 15.Celebrity Introductions
- 16.Mr. Wonderful
- 17.Closing Theme (Everybody Loves Somebody)
Personnel: Dean Martin (vocals).
Audio Mixer: Larry Walsh.
Liner Note Author: Bill Zehme.
As charming on the movie screen as he was on record or in a concert setting, Dean Martin personified the grace, cool, and devil-may-care aura of the Rat Pack. And there was no place Dino was more at home than in Las Vegas. LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS presents Martin performing at the Rat Pack's second home, the Sands, in 1967--a time when he, Sinatra, and their pals where still mighty figures but had begun to shine a bit less brightly for the fickle public's whims. So what if the Beatles were outselling him? It mattered little to Dino, as he prowled the stage comically in his drunk schtick (which was never more than an act), the consummate entertainer, delivering swinging hits such as "Everybody Loves Somebody" and "It Had to Be You" interspersed with the Italianate ballads that helped make his name ("Volare," "There's No Tomorrow") and the charismatic showman's endearing humorous patter and asides. At a time when the world was changing, Martin provided a last (and lasting) glimpse into what it had been, and now the rest of us can experience it too.
Sammy Davis Jr.The Best of Best of Sammy Davis Jr. and the Mike Curb... (CD)
Bing CrosbyThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
Sammy Davis Jr.The Best of Sammy Davis, Jr. - 20th Century Masters /... (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Frank SinatraClassic Sinatra: His Great Performances, 1953-1960 (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 2 (CD)(14)
$8.49 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
And That Reminds Me / A Date With Della Reese (CD)(6)
$2.98 on SALE
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE