Chick Corea Now He Sings, Now He Sobs [Japan]
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 16, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Blue Note Records
- 3.Now He Sings, Now He Sobs
- 4.Now He Beats The Drum, Now He Stops
- 5.The Law Of Falling And Catching Up
- 6.Samba Yantra
- 8.I Don't Know
- 13.My One And Only Love
Personnel: Chick Corea (piano); Miroslav Vitous (bass); Roy Haynes (drums).
Recorded at A&R Recording Studios, New York, New York on March 14, 19 and 27, 1968. Includes liner notes by Michael Cuscuna.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Although Chick Corea's long career has garnered many stellar recordings, one of the best of the best is the phenomenal NOW HE SINGS, NOW HE SOBS. A trio session with bassist Miroslav Vitous and drummer Roy Haynes, this is the disc that cemented Corea's place in the jazz firmament as a pianist of incomparable skill. His percussive touch, fluid lines, and uniquely inventive approach to improvisation are all in full display.
Corea, Vitous, and Haynes greatly expand the scope of the piano trio as they pull and stretch the concept of group interaction to an entirely new plateau. From the bouncing excitement of Corea's "Matrix" to the dark blaze of the burning "Step-What Was," the trio moves as one, constantly arcing into new directions at every turn. Haynes, the elder of the three, is in particularly energetic form, providing a constant fire underneath the churning piano of Corea. Standout cuts include a mesmerizing interpretation of the classic "My One and Only Love," Corea's waltzing "Windows," and the free-form Corea/Vitous duet "Gemini."
Tones For Joan's Bones / Mountain In The Clouds (CD)
$9.33 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE