- Released: May 23, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Capitol
- 2.The Cruel Sea (Cruel Surf)
- 5.I Feel Fine
- 6.Band Member Introductions
- 7.The House Of The Rising Sun
- 8.Out Of Limits
- 9.Slaughter On Tenth Avenue
- 10.Besame Mucho Twist
- 11.Love Potion No. 9
- 12.Walk Don't Run '64
- 13.When You Walk In The Room
- 14.Rap City (Brahms' Hungarian Dance No. 5)
- 15.Wipe Out
- 16.Ventures Medley: Walk Don't Run / Lullaby Of The Leaves / Perfida
- 17.The Lonely Bull
- 19.Driving Guitars (Ventures Twist)
- 20.Mariner #4
- 21.The Pink Panther Theme
- 22.Yellow Jacket
- 25.Surf Rider (Spudnik)
- 26.Journey To The Stars
- 27.Bumble Bee Twist (The Wasp
- 28.Diamond Head
The Ventures: Don Wilson, Nokie Edwards (guitar); Bob Bogle (bass); Mel Taylor (drums).
Recorded live at Kosei Nenkin Hall, Tokyo, Japan on March 5, 1965. Originally released in Japan on Liberty (LP 7463-7464). Includes liner notes by Mugsy.
Digitally remastered by Kevon Reeves (Tower Mastering, Hollywood, California).
Personnel: Bob Bogle (guitar); Mel Taylor (drums).
Liner Note Author: Mugsy.
Recording information: Tokyo Kosel Nenkin Hall, Tokyo, Japan (03/05/1965).
Originally released in Japan as a double album, this live set was unavailable in the U.S. until 1995. So cleanly recorded (the drums are especially crisp) that one is tempted to believe these tracks might have actually been laid down in the studios, it has a speedy, frenetic, well-executed edge that makes this worth checking out by Ventures fans. Seventy minutes of material, including most of their big '60s hits, covers of then-contemporary surf and British Invasion tunes, and surprises like "The Pink Panther Theme" and a 10-minute version of Duke Ellington's "Caravan." ~ Richie Unterberger