Andy Griffith I Love to Tell the Story: 25 Timeless Hymns
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$1.80 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Andy Griffith ~ American Originals ~ $8.34
- by Andy Griffith ~ Bound For The Promised Land: Best of Andy Griffith Hymns ~ $16.18
- by Andy Griffith ~ Wit & Wisdom of Andy Griffith ~ $5.35
- Released: April 2, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sparrow
Entertainment Weekly - 6/7/96, p.60"...[features] the actor's croaking vocals and brittle, leisurely arrangements..." - Rating: C
- 1.Shall We Gather At The River / Will The Circle Be Unbroken
- 2.Precious Memories
- 3.The Old Rugged Cross / Near The Cross
- 4.When They Ring The Golden Bells / In The Sweet By And By
- 5.We're Marching To Zion / When The Saints Go Marching In
- 6.Sweet Hour Of Prayer / What A Friend We Have In Jesus
- 7.How Great Thou Art
- 8.Sweet Prospect / I Am Bound For The Promised Land
- 9.Amazing Grace / Grace Greater Than All Our Sin
- 10.I Love To Tell The Story
- 11.Wayfaring Stranger
- 12.Softly And Tenderly / I Surrender All / Pass Me Not
- 13.Whispering Hope
- 14.When We All Get To Heaven / We'll Understand It Better By And By / When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder
Full title: I Love To Tell The Story: 25 Timeless Hymns.
Personnel includes: Andy Griffith (vocals); David Huntsinger (arranger, vocals, piano, Hammond B-3 organ, keyboards); Steve Tyrell (arranger, vocals); Kevin Dorsey, Mike Finnegan, Dorian Holley, Natalie Jackson, Mortonette Jenkins, Marlena Jeter, David Palmer, Darryl Phinessee (vocals); Bob Mann (guitar, mandolin, dobro); Dean Parks, Mike Landau (guitar); Leland Sklar (bass); Carlos Vega (drums, percussion); Jeff Bailey, Les Benedict, Larry Borden, John Catchings, Ernie Collins, Conni Ellisor, Gary Grant, Barry Green, Mike Haynes, Dan Higgins, Prentice Hobbs, Charles Loper, Chris McDonald, Bill Reichenbach, Dan Rudin, Bruce Watkins.
Background vocals: Nan Allen, Butch Curry, Jackie Cusic, Beverly Darnall, Ellen Dockery, Dave Durham, Mary George, Rick Gibson, Portia Griffin, Sarah Huffman, Mark Ivey, Tammy Jensen, Russell Mauldin, Donny Monk, Ellen Musick, Gary Robinson, Sherry Ross, Myrna Smith, Rick Stewart, Will Wheaton, Jr., Yvonne Williams.
Recorded at Tyrell Studios, Ocean Way Studios and Westlake Audio, Los Angeles, California; Omnisound Studios and Woodland Studios, Nashville, Tennessee.
I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY: 25 TIMELESS HYMNS won the 1997 Grammy Award for Best Southern Gospel, Country Gospel Or Bluegrass Gospel Album. TV star Andy Griffith might seem an unlikely choice to record an album of gospel songs. One is more inclined to picture him as the lovable sheriff of Mayberry, cavorting with Don Knotts, or pounding the planks of the courtroom as Matlock, the lawyer in the seersucker suit. But Griffith is a man with a deep feeling for spiritual hymns, and this CD is ample proof.
With a sterling cast of backing musicians, Griffith sings the songs that have been a part of his life since his boyhood, when he would attend church faithfully and give voice to them with as much sincerity as he does here. The earnestness in his voice attests to the fact that these hymns are no passing fancy for Griffith. Listening to him sing these songs of devotion, there can be little doubt that he is a true believer.
12 Classic Television Comedies - 1950s-1960s (DVD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE
Songs, Themes & Laughs From "The Andy Griffith Show" (CD)(13)
$5.97 on SALE
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(25)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE