- Released: February 12, 2001
- Label: EMI Europe Generic
Q - 3/01, p.1123 stars out of 5
- "...An album devoted entirely to his love of good wine....Most of the highly literate lyrics use wine as a metaphor...while the album's general mix of gentle melodies with mellow acoustic and electric guitars gradually makes its mark."
- 1.Waiting For Margaux
- 2.Tasting History
- 3.Down in the Cellars
- 4.Turning It Into Water
- 6.Night That the Band Got the Wine
- 7.Millie Brown
- 8.Under a Wine Stained Moon
- 9.Franklin's Table
- 10.House of Clocks
- 12.Toutes les Etoiles - (French)
- 13.Shiraz Shuffle
Personnel includes: Al Stewart (vocals, acoustic guitar); Laurence Juber (acoustic & electric guitars); Bruce Dukov, Rachel Purkin (violin); Simon Boswell (viola); David Low (cello); David Jackson, Peter White (accordion); Jim Cox (piano, organ); Domenic Genova (acoustic & electric basses); Michael Jochum (drums, percussion).
DOWN IN THE CELLAR is a 2001 release by British folk-rock singer Al Stewart, featuring "Waiting For Margaux."