The Beach Boys Surfer Girl / Shut Down, Volume 3
13 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.90 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.09 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 13, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Capitol
Q - 5/01, p.1294 stars out of 5 - "...These records are as unvaried as brilliance can be, but not one song here will make anyone unhappy..."
- 1.Surfer Girl
- 2.Catch A Wave
- 3.The Surfer Moon
- 4.South Bay Surfer
- 5.The Rocking Surfer
- 6.Little Deuce Coupe
- 7.In My Room
- 9.Surfers Rule
- 10.Our Car Club
- 11.Your Summer Dream
- 12.Boogie Woodie
- 13.Fun Fun Fun
- 14.Don't Worry Baby
- 15.In the Parking Lot
- 16."Cassius" Love Vs. "Sonny" Wilson
- 17.The Warmth Of The Sun
- 18.This Car Of Mine
- 19.Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- 20.Pom Pom Play Girl
- 21.Keep An Eye On Summer
- 22.Shut Down Part 2
- 23.Louie Louie
- 24.Denny's Drums
- 25.Fun, Fun, Fun
- 26.In My Room
- 27.I Do
2 LPs on 1 CD: SURFER GIRL (1963)/SHUT DOWN, VOL. 2 (1964).
The Beach Boys: Brian Wilson, Dennis Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, Dave Marks, Al Jardine.
Producer: Brian Wilson.
Reissue producer: Mark Linett.
Recorded at Western Studios & RCA Studios, Hollywood, California between June 12, 1963 & February 20, 1964.
Originally released on Capitol (1981/2027).
Includes liner notes by Mark Linett, David Leaf & Brian Wilson.
Digitally remastered using HDCD technology.
Audio Mixer: Mark Linett.
Liner Note Author: David Leaf.
Recording information: RCA Studios, Hollywood, CA; Western Studios, Hollywood, CA.
SURFER GIRL was the first Beach Boys album to credit Brian Wilson as producer, and it propelled the band away from their simple surf band origins into the realm of classic pop. The opening, "Surfer Girl," remains a transcendent moment in '60s pop, while the stunningly beautiful "In My Room" is an obvious forerunner to the later classic song cycle of PET SOUNDS. It's an anomaly here, however; the majority of the album hews pretty close to the Beach Boys' surfer roots, albeit with more sophisticated arrangements and more confident performances than their previous efforts.
SHUT DOWN VOLUME 2 contains at least three classics: the breezy "Fun Fun Fun," the achingly pretty "Don't Worry Baby" and "The Warmth of the Sun," which was penned the day after the Kennedy assassination, and which, though it's ostensibly a love ballad, has a strong sense of loss, sadness, and resolve. This set also contains an alternate version of "Fun, Fun, Fun" and, improbably, a German version of "In My Room" that definitively answers the question: "Why are there no German surf bands?".
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 1 (6-CD Box Set)
$24.95 on SALE
KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 30 ratings.
Based on 30 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Soft Rock 70'S (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE