Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick [Bonus Tracks] (Limited)
|You Save:||$1.40 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 8, 1998
- Originally Released: 1999
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 6/22/72, p.54"...their music spins a delicate web of sensitive sounds: sometimes lilting, sometimes soaring to form a brilliant backdrop for the meaningful lyrics and improvisational techniques..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1004 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he band would never again sound so ambitious and alive....There's an honesty, charm and fantastic energy to THICK AS A BRICK that the passage of time simply can't erode."
- 1.Thick As A Brick
- 2.Thick As A Brick
- 3.Thick As A Brick (Live At Madison Square Garden)
- 4.Interview With Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson, Martin Barre And Jeffrey Hammond
This special limited edition release of THICK AS A BRICK - 25TH ANNIVERSARY contains one previously unreleased live track and interviews with Ian Anderson, Martin Barre and Jeffrey Hammond.
Jethro Tull: Ian Anderson (vocals, flute, guitar, violin, saxophone, trumpet); Martin Barre (guitar, lute); John Evan (organ, piano, harpsichord); Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond (bass); Barriemore Barlow (tympani, percussion).
Recorded at Morgan Studios, London, England.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This edition of THICK AS A BRICK contains a bonus live track and interview.
Jethro Tull: Ian Anderson (vocals, guitar, violin, flute, saxophone, trumpet); Martin Barre (guitar, lute); John Evan (piano, harpsichord, organ); Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond (bass instrument); Barriemore Barlow (timpani, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Hideyo Itoh.
Recording information: Morgan Studios, North London, England.
Arrangers: Ian Anderson ; Martin Barre; John Evan; Barriemore Barlow; Jethro Tull.
While never as high-minded or technically facile as the likes of Yes or ELP, Tull began incorporating complex time changes, sophisticated harmonic structures and highly developed lyrical themes on THICK AS A BRICK, the realization of the artistic growth begun on AQUALUNG. It's here that Tull finally bursts into full-blown prog-rock mode. While AQUALUNG was a group of discrete compositions united by a theme, THICK AS A BRICK consists of one extended piece that occupies the length of the album.
Lyrically, Anderson's intentions are a bit more obscure here, but the sophisticated arrangements and virtuosic performances are enough to carry the show. John Evan's piano and organ are at the heart of this complex piece, which moves through an endless succession of tempos, moods and modes in a manner similar to vintage Genesis or the aforementioned Yes, but with a grittier edge. Most importantly, the whole things flows in a cohesive manner. THICK AS A BRICK demands close attention, but rewards the same handsomely.
1970 Isle of Wight Festival: Message To Love (DVD)(67)
$7.83 Super Savings
All You Need Is Love: The Story of Popular Music, Volume... (DVD)
$5.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 207 ratings.
Based on 207 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE