Frank Sinatra Songs for Young Lovers / Swing Easy!
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.30 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Products with a similar style:
- Dean Martin All Time Greatest Hits (CD) ~ $8.32
- Released: September 8, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Capitol
Mojo (Publisher) - 2/01, p.104"...One essential CD....Sinatra is in superb voice..."
- 1.My Funny Valentine
- 2.The Girl Next Door
- 3.Foggy Day
- 4.Like Someone In Love
- 5.I Get A Kick Out Of You
- 6.Little Girl Blue
- 7.They Can't Take That Away From Me
- 8.Violets For Your Furs
- 9.Just One Of Those Things
- 10.I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter
- 12.Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams
- 13.Taking A Chance On Love
- 14.Jeepers Creepers
- 15.Get Happy
- 16.All Of Me
Full title: Songs For Young Lovers/Swing Easy.
This CD contains Sinatra's first 2 Capitol albums. "SONGS FOR YOUNG LOVERS" is also available as part of GIFT SET.
Personnel includes: Frank Sinatra (vocals); Nelson Riddle (conductor, arranger).
SONGS FOR YOUNG LOVERS was recorded on November 5 and 6, 1953. SWING EASY was recorded on April 7 and 19, 1954. Includes liner notes by Pete Welding.
All tracks have digitally remastered using 20-bit technology.
Personnel: Frank Sinatra (vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Larry Walsh.
Liner Note Author: Pete Welding.
Recording information: 11/05/1953-04/19/1954.
Arranger: Nelson Riddle.
SONGS FOR YOUNG LOVERS and SWING EASY--both recorded and released in 1954--mark the beginning of Frank Sinatra's resurgent solo career in the 50s. They also mark the beginning of a long and fruitful association with both Capitol Records and Sinatra's most inventive, stylish arranger, Nelson Riddle. Previously, Riddle had arranged several Nat 'King' Cole hits, including "Unforgettable" and "Nature Boy." After their first hit together, Harold Arlen's "I've Got the World On A String," the die was cast and they would be linked as musical partners made for each other. Unlike the massive, string-laden Columbia Records productions of Sinatra's earlier solo career, producer Voyle Gilmore would emphasize closely-miked instrumentation and a more pronounced back beat. He was helped in this task by Riddle's precise scoring and chamber music approach to big band arranging.
Frank Sinatra thrived in this setting. The smaller sound enabled his characteristic intimate approach to singing to dominate the session as never before. In his previous incarnation, Sinatra was speaking directly to the listener from some far-away romantic place. Now he was speaking from across the room and he made that room, any room, a very romantic place indeed. The first album (EP really), SONGS FOR YOUNG LOVERS, contains the classier songs ("My Funny Valentine," "A Foggy Day," "I Get A Kick Out Of You") but SWING EASY easily matches it in energy, verve and yes, swing. This is where it all began in the '50s and Sinatra got it right from the very first note.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
- Paul Anka 21 Golden Hits (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Bobby Vinton 16 Most Requested Songs (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- The Four Preps Collector's Series (CD) ~ $10.98 on SALE
- Jo Stafford Best of Jo Stafford (CD) ~ $3.99 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE