- Audio Commentary by Director Hubert Cornfield
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Subtitles in English, French & Spanish
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 20, 2004
- Originally Released: 1962
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.66
- Additional Release Material:
- Audio Commentary: Hubert Cornfield - Director
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
Oscar winner Sidney Poitier sizzles in an "electrifying role" (Show Business Illustrated
) as a prison psychiatrist who clashes with a racist inmate (Bobby Darin) in this "explosive and provocative" (Citizen News
) drama that "packs a powerful wallop" (LA Herald Examiner
A prison doctor is charged with treating a hate-filled young man who's been jailed for sedition. As he probes the patient's nightmares, the psychiatrist realizes his twisted visions mask a lust for violence. But the inmate has become a model prisoner, and unless the doctor can convince officials that he's dangerous, he'll soon be back on the street.
Prison psychiatrist Sidney Poitier knows what makes the mind tick but his new patient is a ticking time bomb, a racist Nazi fanatic. The doctor's office becomes a battleground for a tumultuous clash of wills.
Racial tension heats up when a conservative black prison psychiatrist is assigned to treat a staunch racist and former Nazi party member.
- This film marks the second teaming of director Stanley Kramer and actor Sidney Poitier.