Reap the Wild Wind
Only 9 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.83 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.15 (28% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 15, 1998
- Originally Released: 1942
- Label: Universal Studios
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada) Encoding
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||John Wayne, Susan Hayward & Ray Milland|
|Performer:||Lynne Overman, Raymond Massey, Charles Bickford, Paulette Goddard, Robert Preston & Ray Milland|
|Directed by||Cecil B. DeMille|
|Edited by||Anne Bauchens|
|Screenwriting by||Jeanie Macpherson, Alan Le May & Charles Bennett|
|Written by||Jesse Lasky Jr.|
|Composition by||Victor Young|
|Cinematography by||William V. Skall|
|Art Direction by||Hans Dreier & Roland Anderson|
|Produced by||Cecil B. DeMille|
|Director of Photography:||Victor Milner|
Academy Awards 1942 - Best Sound Effects
Academy Awards 1942 - Best Special Effects
USA Today - 03/17/1989
Description by OLDIES.com:
Cecil B. DeMille directs an all-star cast in this turbulent, swashbuckling tale, set in 1840s Key West, that earned an Academy Award for Special Effects. Ray Milland, John Wayne, Paulette Goddard and Susan Hayward star in what Daily Variety hails as "a potent combination of the romantic, the sensational...in vivid Technicolor trappings."
John Wayne, Ray Milland, and Paulette Goddard team up with the legendary producer-director Cecil B. DeMille to create one of the greatest swashbuckling epics of all time. Adventures on the panoramic high seas highlight this tale of two men competing for the same woman. Key West in the 1840s is filled with salvage businesses thriving on the cargo of wrecked ships dashed against the coral reefs. Spunky ship owner Loxi Claiborne (Paulette Goddard) suspects salvager King Cutler (Raymond Massey) of foul play, since he's always first on the scene at a wreck. The independent, kittenish Southern gal is waiting on deck to help rescue the latest survivors of a wreck when she meets courageous Captain Jack Stuart (John Wayne), who instantly falls for the free-spirited Loxi. Loxi and Jack promise themselves to one another and make arrangements to meet up in Charleston. But, once in Charleston, Loxi meets lawyer Stephen Tolliver (Ray Milland). Despite Loxi's refusal to act like a typical blushing Southern belle, she quickly entices the debonair businessman, who decides that he will do anything to make her his wife. The rivals in love become enemies in the courtroom when Jack helms another wreck and Tolliver suspects foul play. Who will be found guilty and how hinges on some amazing developments. Along with the star-studded cast, this glorious sea spectacle stars huge clipper ships, storms splintering on the rocks, and a giant squid in a memorable underwater battle.
Cecil B. DeMille set this epic drama of ship salvagers in 1840s Key West, Florida. Among the film's most exciting scenes are the two rivals joining forces to fight an octopus underwater, a hurricane that smashes and breaks the boats, and the heroine caught in the waves.
Rivalry | High Seas | Law / Lawyers | Suspense | Thriller | Murder | Love Triangle | Recommended | Undersea
- Theatrical release: March 19, 1942.
- This picture marked Cecil B. DeMille's 30th anniversary as a filmmaker.
- The film includes the song "Sea Chantey (The Nellie B)," music by Victor Young, lyrics by Frank Loesser, sung by Paulette Goddard.
- Actress and infamous Hollywood gossip columnist Hedda Hopper costars as Loxi's aunt Henrietta Beresford.
- The film was based on a story in the Saturday Evening Post by Thelma Strabel.
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl...
$10.72 Super Savings
10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (Includes... (DVD)
$13.34 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 35 ratings.
Based on 35 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 30,863
- UPC: 025192043727
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- 3 Pack Westerns: The Way West / Escort West / Chato's Land (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Charlie Chan Triple Feature: The Secret Service / The Chinese Cat / The Jade Mask (DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Reflections in a Golden Eye [Thinpak] (DVD) ~ $2.98 on SALE