Warner Bros. DVD Clearance Sale (series)
|You Save:||$4.42 (22% Off)|
- Making-Of Documentary On Location with Gunga Din
- Commentary by Historian Rudy Behlmer
- Vintage Porky Pig Looney Tunes Cartoon "The Film Fan"
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: December 7, 2004
- Originally Released: 1939
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Victor McLaglen, Sam Jaffe, Eduardo Ciannelli, Joan Fontaine, Montagu Love, Robert Coote, Cecil Kellaway, Abner Biberman, Lumsden Hare & Charles Bennett|
|Directed by||George Stevens|
|Edited by||Henry Berman & John Lockert|
|Screenwriting by||Fred Guiol|
|Composition by||Alfred Newman|
|Story by||Rudyard Kipling|
|Produced by||George Stevens|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph H. August|
"Hands down the best British-in-India movie, not to mention perhaps the best guys' adventure flick of all time..." -- Rating: A+
"...One of the best adventure films..."
"With its beautifully choreographed battles scenes, sublime chemistry between the leads, and breathtaking stunts, GUNGA DIN is a benchmark in action-packed cinema."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Description by Warner Home Video:
- GUNGA DIN was added to the Library of Congress National Film Registry in 1999.
- The film cost almost $2,000,000 to make and took 104 days to shoot.
- The Indian religious group that rebelled was the Thugs.
- Filmed in Lone Pine, California.
- The film originally ran 117 minutes. Some cuts are as short as 96 minutes.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 80 ratings.
Gunga Din is one of Rudyard Kiplings most celebrated poems. This movie classic does it justice. Cary Grant, Victor McLaglen and Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. are the happy-go-lucky Britsh "three musketeers", serving in India. And the venerable Sam Jaffe (remember Dr. Zorba, on the TV series Ben Casey?) is magnificently endearing as the not-to-bright, crippled, eager soldier wanna-be, waterboy Gunga Din. With Eduardo Cianelli as a deliciously evil fanatic leader, the movie only gets better and better until its magnificent battle climax and heart-rending tribute to the heroic Din; and to Kipling's work, as he travelled across India with Her Majesty's soldiers, writing about all he saw. This is a classic must-see for the whole family.
- Sales Rank: 6,205
- UPC: 053939683622
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the War genre:
- O.S.S. (DVD-R) ~ $14.98 on SALE
- Frontlines: The Men and the Battles - The Rise & Fall of Japan (2-DVD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Action in the North Atlantic [Thinpak] (DVD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Benghazi Desert War: The Fighting Rats of Tobruk / Desert Victory (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Siege of Firebase Gloria (DVD-R) ~ $14.99 on SALE
Top ranking DVD:
- Blood of Ghastly Horror (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Suspense - Lost Episodes Collection 3 (4-DVD) ~ $6.38 on SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Burt Reynolds Comedy Triple Feature: Gator / Breaking In / Fuzz (2-DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Brainiac (El Baron del Terror) (Spanish, Subtitled in English) [Rare & Out-of-Print] (DVD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.