- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 30 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 6, 2006
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Young Michael receives mucho dineros from Dad until Dad cuts him off and gives the family fortune away. Now he hits the career road to make it back the hard way.
Although Aram Katourian has overcome a poor childhood and successfully built up a health-food supermarket empire, he remains unsatisfied. What irritates him most is his spoiled, college-educated son, who refuses to get a job and continues to live off Aram's money.
To teach his kid a lesson, Aram comes up with a most unusual scheme: he loses the family fortune and forces his son to help him restore it again. But the plan doesn't work as smoothly as Aram would like. He winds up taking three jobs, becoming a bike messenger, a car wash attendant, and a shoe store employee. Meanwhile, his wife becomes a housekeeper.
While Aram is unable to rise above his grim economic situation, his son quickly manages to marry a rich girl. Devastated by the results of his scheme, Aram decides to leave his family -- as well as his mistress -- to travel the country on his own.
When he returns two years later, he's in for quite a few surprises...
Family Interaction |
Personal Triumph |
Rags To Riches |
- Filmed on location in Los Angeles, California.
- Originally cablecast on HBO on Saturday, February 29, 1992 under the title "For Richer, For Poorer." It was later released on video as "Father, Son and the Mistress."
- Produced by Citadel Entertainment Prods.
- Additional cast: Hal Riddle; Charles (Thomas) Murphy; Rudolph Willrich; Paul Collins; Ivar Brogger; James Gleason; Layla Bias Galloway; Shirley Prestia; and Robert Harvey.