Jethro Tull Too Old To Rock 'N Roll
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Quiz Kid
- 2.Crazed Institution
- 4.Taxi Grab
- 5.From A Dead Beat To AN Old Greaser
- 6.Bad-Eyed And Loveless
- 7.Bug Dipper
- 8.Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll: Too Young To Die!
- 9.Pied Piper
- 10.The Chequered Flag (Dead Or Alive)
- 11.A Small Cigar
- 12.Strip Cartoon
Jethro Tull: Ian Anderson (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, flute, harmonica, percussion); John Glascock (vocals, bass); Martin Barre (electric guitar); John Evan (piano); Barriemore Barlow (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Maddy Prior, Angela Allen (vocals); David Palmer (saxophone, Vako Orchestron).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Ian Anderson (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, flute, harmonica, percussion); John Glascock, Angela Allen, Maddy Prior (vocals); Martin Barre (electric guitar); David Palmer (saxophone); John Evan (piano); Barriemore Barlow (drums, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Ian Anderson .
Recording information: Brussels, Belgium; Radio Monte Carlo.
Although Jethro Tull was still in its heyday in 1976, Ian Anderson must have sensed that he could not remain a rock star forever. Anderson originally intended the linked songs on TOO OLD TO ROCK 'N' ROLL to form the basis of a musical based on the life of an aging rocker not unlike himself. Anderson's alter ego on the record is Ray Lomax, whose tale is told in cartoon format in the album art. Not coincidentally, Lomax is a cartoon version of Anderson.
The record alternates between folk and rock as it chronicles Lomax's struggles to exist outside a rock framework. He makes a foray into TV game shows ("Quizz Kid"), drinks despairingly with an old codger who dispenses advice on the gentle, introspective "From a Deadbeat to an Old Greaser" and steals a taxi for a romantic rendezvous on the upbeat "Taxi Grab." The title track, a stately epic that builds to a rousing finale, garnered significant airplay on FM radio and is one of the band's last hits from their golden age.
All You Need Is Love: The Story of Popular Music, Volume... (DVD)
$5.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 42 ratings.
Based on 42 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Englishmen ...Summer Is Here (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Isley Brothers Shout! (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE