Jethro Tull Too Old To Rock 'N Roll
12 copies available
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Quiz Kid
- 2.Crazed Institution
- 4.Taxi Grab
- 5.From A Dead Beat To AN Old Greaser
- 6.Bad-Eyed And Loveless
- 7.Bug Dipper
- 8.Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll: Too Young To Die!
- 9.Pied Piper
- 10.The Chequered Flag (Dead Or Alive)
- 11.A Small Cigar
- 12.Strip Cartoon
Jethro Tull: Ian Anderson (vocals, acoustic & electric guitars, flute, harmonica, percussion); John Glascock (vocals, bass); Martin Barre (electric guitar); John Evan (piano); Barriemore Barlow (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Maddy Prior, Angela Allen (vocals); David Palmer (saxophone, Vako Orchestron).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Ian Anderson (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, flute, harmonica, percussion); John Glascock, Angela Allen, Maddy Prior (vocals); Martin Barre (electric guitar); David Palmer (saxophone); John Evan (piano); Barriemore Barlow (drums, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Ian Anderson .
Recording information: Brussels, Belgium; Radio Monte Carlo.
Although Jethro Tull was still in its heyday in 1976, Ian Anderson must have sensed that he could not remain a rock star forever. Anderson originally intended the linked songs on TOO OLD TO ROCK 'N' ROLL to form the basis of a musical based on the life of an aging rocker not unlike himself. Anderson's alter ego on the record is Ray Lomax, whose tale is told in cartoon format in the album art. Not coincidentally, Lomax is a cartoon version of Anderson.
The record alternates between folk and rock as it chronicles Lomax's struggles to exist outside a rock framework. He makes a foray into TV game shows ("Quizz Kid"), drinks despairingly with an old codger who dispenses advice on the gentle, introspective "From a Deadbeat to an Old Greaser" and steals a taxi for a romantic rendezvous on the upbeat "Taxi Grab." The title track, a stately epic that builds to a rousing finale, garnered significant airplay on FM radio and is one of the band's last hits from their golden age.
1970 Isle of Wight Festival: Message To Love (DVD)
$8.15 Super Savings
All You Need Is Love: The Story of Popular Music, Volume... (DVD)
$5.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 42 ratings.
Based on 42 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - For Lovers Only, Volume 4 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Freddy Fender Before The Next Teardrop Falls (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE