The Andrews Sisters Capitol Collectors Series
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by The Andrews Sisters ~ 50th Anniversary Collection ~ $9.89
- by The McGuire Sisters ~ Greatest Hits ~ $10.78
- by The Andrews Sisters ~ Greatest Hits [Curb] ~ $10.25
Products with a similar style:
- The Mills Brothers 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of the Mills Brothers (CD) ~ $3.99
- The Mills Brothers Paper Doll (CD) ~ $3.99 (Save 50%)
- Released: July 23, 1996
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Crazy Arms
- 2.I Want To Linger
- 4.Bei Mir Bist Du Schon (Means That You're Grand)
- 6.Ferry Boat Serenade
- 7.Rancho Pillow
- 8.Beer Barrel Polka (Roll Out The Barrel)
- 9.Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
- 10.Rum And Coca Cola
- 11.Shoo-Shoo Baby
- 12.Well All Right! (Tonight's The Night)
- 13.Begin The Beguine
- 14.Tulip Time
- 15.Hold Tight, Hold Tight (Want Some Sea Food Mama)
- 16.Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree (With Anyone Else But Me)
- 17.I'll Be With You In Apple Blossom Time
- 18.Beat Me Daddy, Eight To The Bar
- 19.By His Word
- 20.Alone Again
- 21.One Mistake
- 22.Melancholy Moon
- 23.I've Got An Invitation To A Dance
- 25.Proper Cup Of Coffee -(previously unreleased)
The Andrew Sisters: Patty Andrews, Maxene Andrews, LaVerne Andrews (vocals).
Additional personnel: Bob Thompson, Jack Marshall.
Compilation producers: Ron Furmanek, Bob Furmanek.
Recorded at Capitol Studios, Hollywood, California. Originally released on Capitol (94078). Includes liner notes by Pam DuBois.
Digitally remastered by Bob Norberg (March 1991, Capitol Recording Studios).
Twenty-five Andrews Sisters tracks dating mostly from October 1956, after the trio reformed following Patty Andrews' attempt at a solo career. On signing them, Capitol Records got the trio to do new versions of their classic Decca hits for the LP The Andrews Sisters in Hi-Fi. The effort was a worthy one, as the trio still sang splendidly, and with all of the verve they'd displayed 20 years earlier, and Vic Schoen, who'd done all of their band arrangements back when, was present for these sessions as well. In view of the easy availability of their hits for Decca Records, the material on this CD may seem superfluous, but the performances have much of the same easy, swinging charm that their late-'30s and 1940s classics displayed, with better recording to go with it, and the trio's maturity -- the sisters were in their forties rather than their twenties -- works in their favor, allowing them to add a few fresh nuances and articulate the lyrics anew, giving listeners a pleasing look back at the old with just a smidgen of new thrown in. Additionally, at the time of its release, the sound on this disc was superior to that of any of MCA's CDs of the original hits, although they have since improved those masters. ~ Bruce Eder
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(25)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N... (CD)(5)
$4.98 on SALE