Jethro Tull Broadsword & The Beast
11 copies available
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Capitol
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1244 stars out of 5 - "Thatcherite economics, failing relationships and dodgy estate agents shared vinyl with gentle nostalgia and the paranoid 'Watching Me, Watching You,' yet the overall mood was uplifting."
- 3.Fallen On Hard Times
- 4.Flying Colours
- 5.Slow Marching Band
- 7.Pussy Willow
- 8.Watching Me
- 9.Seal Driver
- 11.Jack Frost And The Hooded Crow
- 12.Jack A Lynn
- 13.Mayhem Maybe
- 14.Too Many Too
- 16.Rhythm In Gold
- 17.I Am Your Gun
- 18.Down At The End Of Your Road
Includes eight bonus tracks.
Jethro Tull: Dave Pegg (synthesizer); Gerry Conway, Ian Anderson , Martin Barre, Peter-John Vettese.
Personnel: Ian Anderson (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, flute); Dave Pegg (vocals, mandolin, bass guitar); Peter-John Vettese (vocals, piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Peter Vetesse (vocals, piano, synthesizer); Martin Barre (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Gerry Conway (drums, percussion).
Liner Note Author: Ian Anderson .
Recording information: Maison Rouge Studios, Fulham, London, England.
Illustrator: Ian McCaig.
In the '80s, Jethro Tull was no longer the dominant force on the rock scene they had been throughout much of the previous decade, but the indomitable Ian Anderson continued to make ambitious records based on themes of ages past, even in an era of skinny ties and drum machines. BROADSWORD AND THE BEAST has a marked swords-and-sorcery motif; Anderson is depicted as a winged elfin creature on the cover. Despite such leanings, producer Paul Samwell-Smith--original bassist for the Yardbirds--gives the record a modern gloss, weaving the synthesizer playing of Peter-John Vettesse and the out-sized guitars of Tull stalwart Martin Barre through BROADSWORD's vaguely medieval-sounding romps.
The record is divided into two sides, Beastie and Broadsword. On the songs named for each side, Anderson evokes the spirit of swordplay and dragons, but elsewhere, on songs such "Fallen on Hard Times" he sings of more modern concerns. "Pussy Willow" is perhaps the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.
All You Need Is Love: The Story of Popular Music, Volume... (DVD)
$5.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 32 ratings.
Based on 32 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- The Invaders On The Right Track (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Stowaways ...In Our Time (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE