Dean Martin Capitol Collectors Series
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Dean Martin ~ All Time Greatest Hits ~ $8.32
- by Frank Sinatra ~ Classic Sinatra: His Great Performances, 1953-1960 ~ $8.34
- Released: November 21, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Capitol
Spin - 4/90"..a fistful of Martin spanning the years 1948 to 1960...these 20 sides form a slyly appealing set that..forms a persuasive whole...his voice is nevertheless both attractive and distinctive, a husky baritone with a faint, faintly operatic sob in the clinches and a laconic drawl throughout.."
- 1.That Certain Party
- 2.Powder Your Face With Sunshine (Smile! Smile! Smile!)
- 3.I'll Always Love You (Day After Day)
- 5.You Belong To Me
- 6.Love Me, Love Me
- 7.That's Amore
- 8.I'd Cry Like A Baby
- 10.Money Burns A Hole In My Pocket
- 11.Memories Are Made Of This
- 12.Innamorata (Sweetheart)
- 13.Standing On The Corner
- 14.Watching The World Go By
- 15.Return To Me
- 16.Angel Baby
- 17.Volare (Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu)
- 18.On An Evening In Roma (Sott'er Celo De Roma)
- 19.Love Me, My Love
- 20.Ain't That A Kick In The Head
Personnel includes: Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis (vocals).
Includes liner notes by Bob Furmanek.
Digitally reamstered by Larry Walsh (May 1989, Capitol Recording Studios, Hollywood, California).
This was one instance where the Capitol Collector's series got it right on target. Released in 1989, this 20-song collection is the best and most reasonably priced collection of Dean Martin's hits that one can buy, covering his chart career from his 1948 single "That Certain Party," co-authored by and featuring Jerry Lewis, to 1960 and his work in connection with the movie Oceans Eleven. In that time, Martin moved from being the singing straight man in an up-and-coming comedy act into the orbit of Frank Sinatra at the heart of the entertainment world and racked up over a dozen major chart hits. He had successful singles after that, principally in association with Reprise Records, but was mostly known as a television personality from the mid-'60s onward. The dozen years here represent Martin at his most musically ambitious and focused, and also a time when he was breaking new ground in music -- "Memories Are Made of This," for example, which he cut with Terry Gilkyson and the Easy Riders (who wrote the song), was a refreshing folk-inspired pop hit in 1955/1956. This disc has all of the essentials, superb sound, and, as a bonus, the first stereo appearance of his 1960 single "Ain't That a Kick in the Head," as well as thoroughly detailed notes. ~ Bruce Eder
Frank SinatraDuets & Duets II: 90th Birthday Limited Collector's Ed.... (CD)
The Rat Pack - Live from Las Vegas: A Tribute (DVD)
$3.98 on SALE
Out of StockSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 32 ratings.
Based on 32 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)
$6.74 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
Joni James The Very Best of Joni James 1951-62 (2-CD) ~
$14.22 Super Savings
- Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Anka 21 Golden Hits (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Nat "King" Cole The Complete U.S. & U.K. Hits 1942-1962 (5-CD) ~
$21.75 Super Savings
Perry Como Greatest Hits 1943-1953 (City Hall) (2-CD) ~
$7.79 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~
$8.48 Super Savings
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE