Jethro Tull Crest of A Knave (Remastered)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.22 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.77 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 16, 2015
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Capitol
Q - 12/00, p.1443 stars out of 5 - "...Famously picked the heavy metal Grammy award from Metallica's pockets...this new, lower-pitched, more muscular version of band includes live favorites 'Farm On The Freeway' and 'Dogs In The Midwinter'..."
- 1.Steel Monkey
- 2.Farm On The Freeway
- 3.Jump Start
- 4.She Said She Was A Dancer
- 5.Dogs In The Midwinter
- 7.Mountain Men
- 8.The Waking Edge
- 9.Raising Steam
- 10.Part Of The Machine
Jethro Tull: Ian Anderson (vocals, guitar, flute, keyboards, programming); Martin Barre (guitar); David Pegg (bass).
Additional personnel: Ric Sanders (violin); Doanne Perry, Gerry Conway (drums).
Engineers include: Martin Barre, David Pegg, Robin Black.
Jethro Tull: Dave Pegg, Gerry Conway, Ian Anderson , Martin Barre, Doane Perry.
Personnel: Ian Anderson (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, flute, keyboards, percussion, drum programming); Martin Barre (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Ric Sanders (violin); Dave Pegg (acoustic bass, electric bass, bass guitar); Gerry Conway, Doane Perry (drums).
Audio Remixer: Stephen W. Tayler.
Liner Note Author: Ian Anderson .
Recording information: Additional Locations; Black Barn Studio; Black Bean Studio.
Photographer: Martyn Goddard.
After steering Jethro Tull toward a sound that emphasized synthesizers over acoustic guitars and even his trademark flute, Ian Anderson and a stripped-down Tull pumped up the volume on 1987's CREST OF A KNAVE. The howling guitar of longtime axe-man Martin Barre is much more in evidence here than on previous releases from the decade. The band sounds energized, the performances heartfelt.
While the record is an undeniable high point of the band's 1980s work, many people were surprised that CREST won a Grammy in 1987 for Best Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Performance. Despite its metal touches, the music is far too cerebral and its themes far too esoteric to qualify as either hard rock or heavy metal. On "Jump Start," Anderson hearkens back to his glory days with an intricate arrangement centered around furious flute and guitar explosions. "Said She Was a Dancer," built around a refreshingly simple chord sequence, showcases Anderson's expressive singing and Barre's eerie mimicry of Mark Knopfler's guitar sound.
1970 Isle of Wight Festival: Message To Love (DVD)(67)
$7.83 Super Savings
All You Need Is Love: The Story of Popular Music, Volume... (DVD)
$5.90 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 61 ratings.
Based on 61 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Yellowjackets Greenhouse (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE