Kay Starr Capitol Collectors Series
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.14 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 1, 1991
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Capitol
- 1.I'm The Lonesomest Gal In Town
- 2.You've Got To See Mamma Ev'ry Night (Or You Can't See Mamma At All)
- 3.You Were Only Fooling (While I Was Falling In Love)
- 4.So Tired
- 5.Hoop Dee Doo
- 6.Bonaparte's Retreat
- 8.I'll Never Be Free
- 9.Wheel Of Fortune
- 10.I Waited A Little Too Long
- 11.Kay's Lament
- 12.Fool, Fool, Fool
- 13.Comes A-Long A-Love
- 14.Side By Side
- 15.Half A Photograph
- 17.When My Dreamboat Comes Home (with Dave Cavanaugh)
- 18.Changing Partners
- 19.The Man Upstairs
- 20.If You Love Me (Really Love Me)
- 21.Toy Or Treasure
- 22.Lazy River
- 23.Foolin' Around
- 25.The Rock And Roll Waltz
Producers: Lee Gillette, Dava Cavanaugh, Ken Nelson.
Includes liner notes by Scott Shea.
Digitally remastered by Bob Norberg (October 1990, Capitol Recording Studios, Hollywood, California).
All tracks are mono and AAD, except tracks 22-25, which are stereo and ADD.
Personnel: Kay Starr (vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Bob Norberg.
Liner Note Author: Scott Shea.
Recording information: Capitol Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA (1948-1962); Capitol Studios, Hollywood, CA (1948-1962).
Photographer: Larry DuPont.
Arranger: Billy Liebert.
This CD compiles the most successful of Miss Starr's recordings, from the time she recorded with Capitol Records, between 1947 & 1963. She was a talented gal who was nevertheless thought of as an "spare tire" singer, an extra act on Capitol, which was already filled to the ears with renowned girl singers like Peggy Lee and Jo Stafford. She quickly rose up the ranks with her exciting blues-drenched style recording numbers of vintage, that the other singers in Capitol's stable weren't interested in. Starr reintroduces such roaring 20's oldies as "You've Got To See Mamma Ev'ry Night" with an unprecedented vigor that strips off the years and dust from the song and gives it a bright polish. "So Tired," a tender sob-song reveals Starr in a soft and delicate mood, as the warbling Kay caresses the song, underplaying the sense of self-pity and sadness.
Patti PageThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.34 LABOR DAY
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
Kay Starr Music Lover: Fred Harbas from THE PALMS GYMPIE, Queensland AU -- October, 14, 2008
This lady sounds as good now as she did all those years ago
Top ranking titles in the Vocals genre:
- Bobby Vinton Mr. Lonely / Country Boy (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Paul Anka 21 Golden Hits (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- Nat "King" Cole The Complete U.S. & U.K. Hits 1942-1962 (5-CD) ~ $21.75 LABOR DAY
- Perry Como Greatest Hits 1943-1953 (City Hall) (2-CD) ~ $7.79 LABOR DAY
- Joni James The Very Best of Joni James 1951-62 (2-CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE