Kate Bush The Kick Inside
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 23, 1996
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 10/31/02, p.136Ranked # 42 in Rolling Stone's "Women in Rock: The 50 Essential Albums" - "...Bewitching..."
NME (Magazine) - 9/18/93, p.19Ranked #40 in NME's list of the 'Greatest Albums Of The '70s.'
NME (Magazine) - 10/2/93, p.29Ranked #83 in NME's list of the 'Greatest Albums Of All Time.'
- 2.The Saxophone Song
- 3.Strange Phenomena
- 5.The Man With The Child In His Eyes
- 6.Wuthering Heights
- 7.James And The Cold Gun
- 8.Feel It
- 9.Oh To Be In Love
- 10.L'Amour Looks Something Like You
- 11.Them Heavy People
- 12.Room For The Life
- 13.The Kick Inside
Personnel: Kate Bush (vocals); David Paton (acoustic guitar, bass, background vocals); Ian Bairnson (guitar, background vocals, bottles); Paul Keogh, Alan Parker (guitar); Paddy Bush (mandolin, background vocals); Alan Skidmore (saxophone); Andrew Powell (keyboards, bass, celeste, bottles); Duncan Mackay (electric piano, organ, clavinet); Bruce Lynch (bass); Stuart Elliott (drums, percussion); Barry De Souza (drums); Morris Pert (percussion).
Recorded at AIR London Studios in June 1975, and July and August 1977.
Composer: Kate Bush.
Personnel: Kate Bush (vocals, piano, keyboards, background vocals); Ian Bairnson (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Paddy Bush (vocals, mandolin, harmonica, background vocals); Paul Keogh (guitar, electric guitar); Morris Pert (guitar, percussion); David Paton (guitar, background vocals); Alan Parker (guitar); David Katz (violin); Alan Skidmore (saxophone); Duncan Mackay (electric piano, Clavinet, organ, keyboards, synthesizer); Andrew Powell (electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Stuart Elliot, Barry DeSouza, Stuart Elliott (drums).
Recording information: AIR Recording Studios, London, England (06/1975-08/1977); Air Studios, London, England (06/1975-08/1977).
Photographer: Jay Myrdal.
In the-mid '70s a friend of Kate Bush's brother brought her talents to the attention of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour. He arranged some demos for her and she was soon signed to EMI Records. Though Bush was only a teenager at the time, EMI decided to give her an advance and sent her off to write songs, and take dance and mime lessons. When she was 16, her handlers decided the time was right, and Bush's first single, "Wuthering Heights," was released. The song was a smash hit (it went to Number One on the UK charts), not only because of her less-than-innocent appearance on the back of London buses, and unlike anything the British market had ever heard.
Forced by her sudden success to release an album, THE KICK INSIDE was recorded and released, featuring songs she had written over the previous few years. THE KICK INSIDE is a remarkable debut. Though it's obvious that Kate was a teenager at the time, there is a frightening amount of talent packed into these 13 songs and evidence of a knowing well beyond the singer's years.
Under Review: An Independent Critical Analysis (Limited... (DVD)(6)
$14.81 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 91 ratings.
Based on 91 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Curtis Fuller Boss of The Soul-Stream Trombone (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Englishmen ...Summer Is Here (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Ornette Coleman Ornette On Tenor (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE