- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 29, 2005
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: HBO Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Irina and Michael are young lovers planning to wed once they receive permission from Irina's father. Her father is a well respected member of his community, but Michael soon unravels the dark secret to which even Irina is blind. Her father is an accused Nazi war criminal and uncovering the truth could prove fatal.
Irina and Michael have fallen in love and everything seems perfect -- until the fiancé finds out that his prospective father-in-law, Florian Stroia, has a skeleton in his closet that could destroy their lives.
Michael travels to Grand Rapids, Michigan, so he can meet Florian and get his blessing for the marriage. Although the elderly man welcomes Michael into his close-knit Romanian community, Michael soon learns that Florian was accused of being a Nazi collaborator during World War II.
Once Michael begins digging around, he suspects that Irina's father took part in the vicious murders of 800 Jews in the Kayatsa massacre. As he discovers more and more about Florian, Michael's relationship with Irina is put to the test. In addition, his life is in jeopardy because the Nazi collaborator will do just about anything to protect his daughter from the horrible truth.
Theatrical Release |
- Filmed in Quebec.
- Originally cablecast on HBO on November 25, 1990.
- Additional cast: Philip Akin; George Buza; David De Sanctis; Aidan Devine; Judith Hilderman; Richard Jutras; Elizabeth Oliver; and Mark Walker.