Grand Funk Railroad Grand Funk [Bonus Tracks]
Only 4 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$8.34 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.64 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: August 27, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Capitol
- 1.Got This Thing On The Move
- 2.Please Don't Worry
- 3.High Falootin' Woman
- 4.Mr. Limousine Driver
- 5.In Need
- 6.Winter And My Soul
- 8.Inside Looking Out
- 9.Nothing Is The Same
- 10.Mr. Limousine Driver
Grand Funk Railroad: Mark Farner (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano); Don Bewer (vocals, drums); Mel Schacher (bass).
Recorded at Cleveland Recording Company Studios, Cleveland, Ohio on October 10 & 20-21, 1969. Originally released on Capitol (406). Includes liner notes by Steve Roeser.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Mark Farner (vocals, guitar, harmonica, piano); Don Brewer (vocals, drums).
Audio Mixer: Jimmy Hoyson.
Recording information: 10/20/1969-10/21/1969.
Grand Funk Railroad's 1970 somewhat eponymous album, their second for Capitol, is characteristic of the classic rock radio sound that would permeate the airwaves of the late 20th century. Grand Funk Railroad was a seminal force in giving the friendlier side of the heavy rock sound its charm and making it stick. Built on fuzzed-out blues riffs, simple lyrics, and at times seemingly unnecessary jamming, Grand Funk's songs are mild in nature. Far less extreme than Black Sabbath, but slightly toothier than Foghat or Bad Company, Grand Funk's major influence is from the loose, blues-based power trio formula of bands such as Cream and the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Grand Funk combines rawness with radio-friendly melodies and vocal harmonies that would become their trademark sound. Hordes of bands to come, from Foreigner to Bon Jovi, would emulate Grand Funk's sound and style, focusing on good-time rocking material while attempting a few token social commentary pieces. This is a good album as far as early hard rock goes, and as Grand Funk Railroad would move farther and farther away from the type of roughness and loose arrangements found here, it is well worth picking up as an example of one of their early efforts. ~ Jeff Schwachter
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 59 ratings.
Based on 59 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Chiller Theatre Halloween (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- Gabriel Dell / Various Artists Famous Monsters Speak (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE