The J. Geils Band Freeze Frame
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$7.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$4.42 (37% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 23, 1996
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Capitol
- 2.Rage In The Cage
- 4.Do You Remember When
- 5.Insane, Insane Again
- 7.River Blindness
- 8.Angel In Blue
- 9.Piss On The Wall
J. Geils Band: J. Geils (guitar); Seth Justman (vocals, keyboards); Stephen Bladd (vocals, drums); Peter Wolf (vocals); Magic Dick (harmonica, saxophone); Daniel Klein (bass, flex-bass).
Personnel: Seth Justman (vocals, keyboards); Stephen Bladd (vocals, drums); Cissy Houston, Fonzi Thornton, Luther Vandross, Tawatha Agee (vocals, background vocals); Ken Williams , Peter Wolf (vocals); J. Geils (guitar); Magic Dick (harmonica, saxophone, trumpet); Ronnie Cuber (saxophone, horns); Alan Rubin (trumpet, horns); George Young , Lou Marini, Randy Brecker, Tom "Bones" Malone (horns); Kenny Williams (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: David Thoener.
Recording information: Long View Farm, MA.
Photographer: Thomas Weschler.
Arranger: Seth Justman.
With the '80s just underway, the J. Geils Band decided to retool their sound for the new decade. While there were elements of their rocking party-hearty direction left over from the previous decade, the group focused on more succinct and pop-based songwriting on 1980's LOVE STINKS. And while the album was a big hit for the band, the new approach was perfected even further with the massive hit follow-up FREEZE FRAME one year later. J. Geils stormed the charts in '82 when their infectious pop ditty "Centerfold" was issued as a single (it seemed to be blaring out of every radio and its video constantly appeared on MTV that summer).
Other highlights include the new wave dance sounds of the title track, as well as the pretty ballad "Angel in Blue," such harder rockers as "Rage in the Cage" and "Insane, Insane Again," plus the R&B sounds of "Flamethrower." Runaway commercial success had finally come knocking on the door of the J. Geils Band, and though it wouldn't last long--singer Peter Wolf would soon split from the band, and they would be defunct within a few years--FREEZE FRAME remains one of the early-'80s most celebrated rock releases.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 24 ratings.
Based on 24 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.12 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Leadbelly/Blind Willie McTell Masters of The Country Blues (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 4 - Disc 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE