Glen Campbell Wichita Lineman
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$5.35 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.63 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 9, 2001
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: EMI Special Products
- 1.Wichita Lineman
- 2.Dock Of The Bay, (Sittin' On) The
- 3.If You Go Away
- 6.Fate Of Man
- 7.Dreams Of The Everyday Housewife
- 8.The Straight Life
- 9.Reason To Believe
- 10.You Better Sit Down Kids
- 11.That's Not Home
Includes liner notes by Dan Davis.
Digitally remastered by Bob Norberg & Rob Christie (Capitol Mastering).
This is part of Capitol's Cornerstones series.
Personnel: Glen Campbell (vocals, guitar).
Audio Remasterer: Glenn Meadows.
Liner Note Author: Dann Davis.
Recording information: 12/04/1967-06/12/1968.
The most eclectic of Glen Campbell's late-1960s albums, and his first number one LP, 1968's WICHITA LINEMAN runs from the orchestral melodrama of the title track--the signature song of Glen Campbell's entire career, apart from perhaps "Rhinestone Cowboy"--and the follow-up hit "Dreams of the Everyday Housewife" to a wide variety of covers in some unexpected styles. These include excellent takes of Tim Hardin's "Reason to Believe" (possibly the best of the many covers of Hardin's definitive original), a Dean Martin-like middle-of-the-road version of Sonny Curtis's "The Straight Life," and Sonny Bono's divorce saga "You Better Sit Down Kids." More unexpectedly, Campbell also essays solid versions of Otis Redding's "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" and the Bee Gees' "Words," adding his own country-pop sound to the familiar originals with no damage. The album's most unusual track, however, is the spoken-word "Fate of Man," adapted from a poem by Campbell's late grandfather.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Lonesome and Blue: The Complete County Recordings (CD)
$15.08 LABOR DAY
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE