- Released: May 26, 2008
- Label: Phantom Sound & Vision
Q - 12/92, p.1444 Stars
- Excellent - "...In effect a folk opera, it was his best achievement, something to be detailed in any discussion of a folk revival..."
- 2.The Street Singer: The Ballad of Henry & Susannah, Pt. 1
- 3.The Father: Us Poor Fellows
- 4.Ane Carman: The Robber's Song
- 5.The Street Singer: The Ballad of Henry & Susannah, Pt. 2
- 6.The Mother: The Leaves in the Woodland
- 7.The Street Singer: The Ballad of Henry & Susannah, Pt. 3
- 8.Susannah: I Once Lived in Service
- 9.The Convict: The Ballad of Norwich Gaol
- 10.Henry & Susannah: Sweet Loving Friendship
- 11.The Street Singer: The Ballad of Henry & Susannah, Pt. 4
- 12.Henry: The Black and Bitter Night
- 13.The Turnkey: The Humane Turnkey, Pt. 1
- 14.The Coachman: The Plymouth Mail
- 15.The Turnkey: The Humane Turnkey, Pt. 2
- 16.The Transports: The Green Fields of England
- 17.The Shantyman: Roll Down
- 18.Henry & Susannah: The Still & Silent Ocean
- 19.The Street Singer: The Ballad of Henry & Susannah, Pt. 5
- 20.Dance: The Convicts' Wedding
- 21.Dance: The Convicts' Wedding
Personnel includes: Peter Bellamy, June Tabor, Martin Carthy, Nic Jones, The Watersons (vocals); Dave Swarbrick (violin); Oliver Brookes (cello); Philippa Davies (flute); Sophia Wilson (oboe).
Recorded in 1977. Includes liner notes by Eric Fowler.
Arrangers: Peter Bellamy; Dolly Collins.
Spine-tingling close harmonies, a compelling storyline, original songs, and a cast of British folk luminaries (Martin Carthy, Nic Jones, June Tabor, and Norma Waterson, to name a few) distinguish Peter Bellamy 's 1977 "ballad opera," the musical presentation of a true story about Australian convicts who meet and fall in love while imprisoned. This classic song cycle has been reissued with an expanded track list and liner notes.